As a happy first-time Clip+ user, here are some of the areas I found where improvements could be made:
- Player should remember position/bookmark in all longer tracks/albums, not just in Audiobook/Podcast ones. A lot of material - such as educational lectures and language courses - isn’t marked as an audiobook/podcast (because it isn’t) but would still benefit from the Resume Playback feature.
- Headphone cord should have a 90degree 3.5mm plug, not a straight one. When the player is in a pocket, current plug is awkward.
- Stock headphones should have a Left/Right indication that can actually be seen in low light conditions. (I ended up attaching a small piece of sticky tape to one to indicate leftness.)
- Player occasionally locks up when syncing main memory when micro-SD card is inserted. (Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5268). Suspect it might be a power issue. Never happens if SD card is removed. (SD card has not been configured to sync.)
- A Windows Media Player add-in (or stand-alone program which only updated the ID3 tags) to calculate replay gain would make this feature much more useful / a selling point. Currently I can’t see an easy way to add replay gain information without using a different media player to Microsoft’s stock player. (No comments as to which media player is best, please. I have other reasons for using this.)
- The music Artists menu should distinguish between Album Artists and Contributing Artists. I have difficulty locating some compilation classical CDs because each track appears as a separate album and isn’t indexed under the Album Artist.
Player firmware: V01.02.15A
What other suggestions for improvement to people have?
[There doesn’t seem to be a thread here corresponding to the AnythingButIPod Clip+ feature requests thread. If I’ve missed it, please move this post]