Gonna get a Fuze. A few questions....

Hello, it has become time to get myself a modern mp3 player. I’ve had my Sandisk SDMX1 for over three years and it has served me well. I’ve been doing a lot of online research and I am surely going to get a Fuze and an 8 or 16 gig microSDHC card. I’ve been pouring over the forum for a bit and I already have the car situation figured out. I had a few other questions though…

Can I load the microSDHC card while it is in the Fuze? or do I have to get a card reader for my pc?

I understand it organizes mp3s with id3 tags. I have almost 80 gigs of music, much of which is tagged properly. A substantial amount of my collection is live concerts I’ve downloaded and very little of it is tagged. Would it be in my best interest to start going through my collection and making sure it’s all tagged adequately? (ie title, artist, album, year, genre) How detailed do you get with the tags? What perameters of a tag can the Fuze use? ie is it worth putting year or genre on every tag?

PS, I already have Mp3tag

Thanks

and I can’t wait to get my new Fuze!

@jacksonmang wrote:

Can I load the microSDHC card while it is in the Fuze? or do I have to get a card reader for my pc?

A substantial amount of my collection is live concerts I’ve downloaded and very little of it is tagged. Would it be in my best interest to start going through my collection and making sure it’s all tagged adequately? (ie title, artist, album, year, genre) How detailed do you get with the tags? What perameters of a tag can the Fuze use? ie is it worth putting year or genre on every tag?

PS, I already have Mp3tag

The Fuze will double as a card reader so you can load your card directly with the Fuze plugged into your computer.

As far as tagging your ‘live’ concerts and how detailed to get? It depends on whether you want to be able to find them on the Fuze’s menus and have any information about the track displayed when the song is playing or not. Specifying a genre such as “Live Concert” would distinguish them from the remainder of your collection.

The Fuze usually works best with ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tags, although recent discussions here have indicated that UTF style tags also work. I haven’t tried these, so I can’t personally attest to this.

MP3Tag is one of the best and easiest tagging programs there is. It will make quick work of it for you. :smiley:

Well, I’ve started tagging all my live shows. I can’t seem to figure out how to get mp3tag to tun the filenames into track titles in the tags.

Thanks for your answers though.

“I can’t seem to figure out how to get mp3tag to tun the filenames into track titles in the tags.”

That is very easy. If you want to do it for a folder of files, then choose edit, select all files. Next choose convert, filename-tag. Then choose file, save tag to save the tags.

I figured it out, thanks. So, once I get all these tagged how many different ways can I browse for music on my Fuze?

Can I browse by genre and then artist then album?

For example Genre: Live Show, Artist: WEEN, Album: 2004-4-11 The Tabernacle, ATL. 

I guess I’m just apprehensive about the whole id3 tag thing and being able to easily get to whatever music I want at the time. Typically I listen to a large variety of artists and genres in a given time frame.

@jacksonmang wrote:

Can I browse by genre and then artist then album?

Yep. MUSIC menu > Genre > Artist > Album > Title (Song).

Easy-Peasy!:smiley: