GoList doesnt update dinamically

Hi. I just noticed the GoList doesnt update dinamically. Let me explain myself. If im playing the last song in my GoList and it have 20 songs, im playing the 20/20. Now, while playing, i find another song and I add it to the GoList. The GoList is currently 21, but the now playing list still displays 20/20 and wont play any added songs. The same happens if you remove the songs.

Hope they’re fixing this in the new firmwares. Any new firmwares, btw? Couldnt find any one. Thoughts?

@jimfaker wrote:

Hi. I just noticed the GoList doesnt update dinamically. Let me explain myself. If im playing the last song in my GoList and it have 20 songs, im playing the 20/20. Now, while playing, i find another song and I add it to the GoList. The GoList is currently 21, but the now playing list still displays 20/20 and wont play any added songs. The same happens if you remove the songs.

Hope they’re fixing this in the new firmwares. Any new firmwares, btw? Couldnt find any one. Thoughts?

It’s true, the GoList has never worked that way. Why not just wait until it’s over and make a new one? It only takes a couple minutes. Better yet, take the time and make a full-length list, while you’re still home…then charge up before you hit the road. Browsing through your library making a list, while music is playing, is going to eat up some battery power.:wink:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 11-13-2009 04:02 AM

@jimfaker wrote:

It would be a good thing.

No new firmware yet.

+1 – I’ve had the same complaint – it would be nice for SanDisk to improve this.

I’m not sure this is something that could be fixed or improved via a firmware update. Probably a RAM limitation (or something along those lines) is why it wasn’t implemented that way in the 1st place.

@tapeworm wrote:
I’m not sure this is something that could be fixed or improved via a firmware update. Probably a RAM limitation (or something along those lines) is why it wasn’t implemented that way in the 1st place.

Sure it could be fixed – I’d guess the problem is that the Clip has a mechanism for playing playlists, and that essentially there is a playlist, and a ‘playing queue’ – when you play a playlist (a regular playlist, an album, a folder, the go list, etc.)  – that then gets handed over to the ‘playing queue’

The problem is that, at that point, when you add to the Go List, it doesn’t *also* add to the ‘playing queue’ – hope that made some sense.

Likewise, if you’ve played the Go List (ie, passed it over to the playing queue) and if you then delete something from the Go List, I’m fairly certain that it wouldn’t also delete it from the playing queue.

I’m sure that they *could* change this behavior, but I’m not so sure they will…  :)