GoList > Add song while playing

Hello.

Sorry for my english, but ill try my best. I think there was a similar problem, but that didnt solve my problem. 

While listening to music from a GoList/Playlist, I often add other Songs to the actuall GoList/Playlist. 

But the player or software doesn`t accept them when the playlist is still running.The only way is to restart the Golist/Playlist to make the songs play one after each other.

It would be really nice to have the possibility to create/change the playlist while listening or just to say the player: play this song next…

I hope I descriped my problem in a proper way. Thanks for your anwsers.

Message Edited by ichhalt83 on 04-12-2010 02:41 AM

Are you using Folder view? If so, it is quite buggy with the Golist. I have similar issues. The Golist works much better when not using Folder view, but if you’re lke me and you use Folder view all the time, then the Golist is not usable really.

ichhalt83 wrote:

Hello.

Sorry for my english, but ill try my best. I think there was a similar problem, but that didnt solve my problem. 

While listening to music from a GoList/Playlist, I often add other Songs to the actuall GoList/Playlist. 

But the player or software doesn`t accept them when the playlist is still running.The only way is to restart the Golist/Playlist to make the songs play one after each other.

This is the way it is set up to work. While you (and others) may want it to work differently, there is nothing wrong.

And your English is fine. :smiley:

Are you sure that you’re not mistaken there, it only works like that (for me anyway) whilst in folder view. I believe it to be a bug, as when not in folder view adding to the golist works fine it seems.

Im not using folder view. For me its definetly a bug or something that should work somehow. Perhaps the answers before where not really belonging my first question…

…Imagine to be somewhere playing music from your sansa not through headphones, but in a group of people. Now someone whishes to hear a new song which is not the next in your playlist or album, but should be played next.

To make him satisfied, I`ve to wait till the playing song is over to change the song or interrupt the actual playing. There is no possibility to tell the sansa “play this song next”, as you do in every application like media player, winamp or i tunes.

Message Edited by ichhalt83 on 04-14-2010 02:55 AM

Im not using folder view. For me its definetly a bug or something that should work somehow. Perhaps the answers before where not really belonging my first question…

…Imagine to be somewhere playing music from your sansa not through headphones, but in a group of people. Now someone whishes to hear a new song which is not the next in your playlist or album, but should be played next.

To make him satisfied, I`ve to wait till the playing song is over to change the song or interrupt the actual playing. There is no possibility to tell the sansa “play this song next”, as you do in every application like media player, winamp or i tunes.

I was wondering why this is the default behavior. GoLists are transient and I would tend to think that being able to add tracks to a live playlist would be beneficial.

Why should I have to do two actions (Add music to GoList, requeue GoList)? It isn’t like my first action is accidental. 

Sigmafactor wrote:

I was wondering why this is the default behavior. GoLists are transient and I would tend to think that being able to add tracks to a live playlist would be beneficial.

Why should I have to do two actions (Add music to GoList, requeue GoList)? It isn’t like my first action is accidental. 

Yes, it would be beneficial, and it works this way on other players I’m told. But why is it like this? Why does the sun come up in the morning and set at night?

That’s just the way it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tapeworm wrote:

Sigmafactor wrote:

Yes, it would be beneficial, and it works this way on other players I’m told. But why is it like this? Why does the sun come up in the morning and set at night?

That’s just the way it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t bother me in the least! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sorry, but “that is the way it is” logic is ridiculous.

Under what circumstance would someone add to a GoList with the intent of NOT having the newly added music play? That is one action for NO results.

So what you have is two actions (add and requeue), where the intent of the first action should cover everything.

I don’t doubt that someone might have intentionally programmed the device this way, but that doesn’t make it a smart programming decision. 

Message Edited by Sigmafactor on 04-19-2010 11:55 AM

Sigmafactor wrote:

Under what circumstance would someone add to a GoList with the intent of NOT having the newly added music play? That is one action for NO results.

So what you have is two actions (add and requeue), where the intent of the first action should cover everything.

I don’t doubt that someone might have intentionally programmed the device this way, but that doesn’t make it a smart programming decision. 

Message Edited by Sigmafactor on 04-19-2010 11:55 AM

Whenever I have made a GoList, the thought of adding to it never enters my mind. I made it with the intention of listening to it…not building another one! 

Of course, now that I think about it, I always made mine the maximum size…so I couldn’t add to it even if I wanted to.:wink:

this issue here is the limited amount of RAM the device has. The go list is stored on the NAND storage. when you play it it loads this into the devices very limited amount of RMA. once any changes are made the device has to reload the go list from the NAND storage back into the RAM and this requires disrupting the playback. This is the underlying reason why the go list does not update when adding songs on the fly.   

Sigmafactor wrote:

Sorry I couldn’t give you an answer you wanted to hear. And I never said it was a smart programming decision, right, wrong, or even logical.

It is what it is.

You can like it. Or not.

You can use it. Or not.

There are a great many things about these players that some would think is smarter, or better if . . . but the fact remains that as with most products (especially electronics) in this world, you have to adapt to the product, not the other way around. If you can not, or will not . . . well, Sansa mp3 players aren’t the only game in town.

See, it is nice to know what the reason for this is.

I know it is a little nitpicky, but I thought maybe there was a chance that this was something that could be corrected.