Going Back to old firmware (Volume not loud enough)

Well last night I updated to firmware version 1.1.20 and this morning on the way to work I noticed that the volume was quite low. I went underground (London Underground for those not in the UK) and I could not hear my music at High Volume. The noise from the trains was louder than my music. I adjusted the part that says Replay Gain to full (what is the point of it???) and tried all the settings and no luck. I have in-ear earphones and it’s a dissapointining low volume. I am very very dissapointed with this MP3 player. Where can I find the previous firmware. I switched off the MP3 player as I can’t use it now underground.

To continue, I am fuming that someone makes a product that doesn’t include a timer for the music, and a total of the songs on the MP3 player. I mean how am I supposed to know where I am in my playlists, I have copied over 150 songs so where am I SanDisk???.Am I at song 2 or at song 50 of 150??? I mean really SanDisk. Wake UP!!!

I had an old Sansa Clip, one of the first ones released but gave it too a friend when her MP3 player broke. I thought this would be an improvement, but this is a step back for me. Shocking!!! I really liked the old one.

If I can’t get the volume back I will sell this on fleabay and write the most horrendus review of this product on both Amazon and eBay.

SanDisk get your bloody act together and put in a timer and total song count in the next firmware update, and leave the volume as it is. I use music on the underground because the noise from the trains are really loud. I don’t want them to drown out my music. Thanks to the update now they do.

I have resigned to the fact that I will still use this MP3 player if I can get the bloody volume to work. I feel like swearing. But holding myself back. AAAAAAAAAAH!!! There I feel better!!! FIX IT SANDISK!!!

Angry but not so angry now SanDisk Zip Player user!!! GRRRR!!! I feel like slapping the person who made the software for this player.

1. In the Settings, there’s a HIGH & NORMAL setting. Switch it to HIGH.
  2. If you chose Europe as you Region duriing intial set-up, there’s an EU restriction in place where you don’t have a HIGH settiing and the volume is capped. Reset your Factory Default Settings and choose ‘Rest of World’ to by-pass this legality.

Ah Brilliant. That worked. Now if only they could update in the next firmware to have digits displaying how long before the song finishes or how long the song is and how many songs in the playlist.

@proton wrote:

Ah Brilliant. That worked. Now if only they could update in the next firmware to have digits displaying how long before the song finishes or how long the song is and how many songs in the playlist.

From your mouth to the developers’ ears . . . .    :)

@miikerman wrote:

:stuck_out_tongue:

@miikerman wrote:

@proton wrote:

You’re assuming that they are listening…:laughing:

@marvin_martian wrote:

The developers are everywhere [strains of the X-Files theme music playing] . . . .   :wink:

If they are listening then it should be released on the next firmware update, if not then they either:

A - Don’t Care

B - Don’t know how to do it

C - Don’t speak English

D - All of the Above

E - I can’t think of an E

@miikerman wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

The developers are everywhere [strains of the X-Files theme music playing] . . . .   :wink:

If they are “everywhere”, then they’re surely not listening. These same few things have been endlessly requested since the player was released, nearly a year ago…thankfully, some of us took matters into our own hands and resolved the issues.

@proton wrote:

If they are listening then it should be released on the next firmware update, if not then they either:

A - Don’t Care

B - Don’t know how to do it

C - Don’t speak English

D - All of the Above

E - I can’t think of an E

I can . . .

E - There likely won’t be any more firmware updates for this player.