Giving a clip Bluetooth &/or Wi-fi capabilities...

I would really like to be able to transfer music & files back & forth between my MacBook Pro running XP Pro & my Clip. It would be even cooler if I could do it all within Rhapsody’s software client. Possible? Anyone tried successfully yet? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dave. 

Anybody?

:neutral_face:??

what does “Re: Giving a clip Bluetooth &/or Wi-fi capabilities…” have to do with anythign that you posted? your just asking how to use the rhapsody software.

@enigma wrote:
what does “Re: Giving a clip Bluetooth &/or Wi-fi capabilities…” have to do with anythign that you posted? your just asking how to use the rhapsody software.

Maybe he means he wants to be able to transfer files without having to plug the clip into anything?

well thats just not possible, assuming thats what you were asking.

Are you just asking how to use rhapsody in general?

I want to be able to do it via Wi-fi or bluetooth…no wires - using Rhapsody in XP via bootcamp on a new MacBook Pro. Is that clear enough :smiley:?

@awdbeast wrote:
I want to be able to do it via Wi-fi or bluetooth…no wires - using Rhapsody in XP via bootcamp on a new MacBook Pro. Is that clear enough :smiley:?

not possible. the clip does not have wifi or bluetooth.

Okay, you guys are not hepling me out. Please read! I want to ADD Wi-fi or Bluetooth (internally, externally, adapter, whatever) to a clip which would then (& only then) enable it to do so.

I KNOW THAT IT CANNOT DO IT BONE STOCK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!!

I’m not on crack because I saw an article about a guy who modified an iPod classic to have internal (native) Bluetooth. I’m not opposed to trying something like that, although of course Wi-fi would be better.

However, if there’s some sort of a viable external adapter out there that would save me alot of time & energy compared to an in-depth project like the one listed above, then I’m all for it.

So, to try to clarify EVEN MORE I want to get my Clip to connect to my new MacBook Pro completely wirelessly & then transfer stuff into & out of Rhapsody’s software client which will be running in XP via Bootcamp.

READ PEOPLE!!!

Thanks,

Dave. 

a bluetooth dongle attached with an adapter to the small usb port?

@jkwong wrote:

What the heck is a bluetooth dongle?? :dizzy_face: 

@jkwong wrote:

What the heck is a “bluetooth dongle?” :dizzy_face:

@jkwong wrote:

What the heck is a “bluetooth dongle?” :dizzy_face:

A typical Bluetooth USB dongle, shown here next to a metric ruler it sends and receives the bluetooth signal.

How abouts a device like the Belkin Network USB Hub, allows USB devices to be accessed over a network.

awdbeast wrote:

Okay, you guys are not hepling me out. Please read! I want to ADD Wi-fi or Bluetooth (internally, externally, adapter, whatever) to a clip which would then (& only then) enable it to do so.

I KNOW THAT IT CANNOT DO IT BONE STOCK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!!

I’m not on crack because I saw an article about a guy who modified an iPod classic to have internal (native) Bluetooth. I’m not opposed to trying something like that, although of course Wi-fi would be better.

However, if there’s some sort of a viable external adapter out there that would save me alot of time & energy compared to an in-depth project like the one listed above, then I’m all for it.

So, to try to clarify EVEN MORE I want to get my Clip to connect to my new MacBook Pro completely wirelessly & then transfer stuff into & out of Rhapsody’s software client which will be running in XP via Bootcamp.

READ PEOPLE!!!

Thanks,

Dave. 

If you knew how to explain the scenario from the beginning there wouldn’t have been so much confusion. Besides, I dont help jerks.

@enigma wrote:

If you knew how to explain the scenario from the beginning there wouldn’t have been so much confusion. Besides, I dont help jerks.

well said sir, well said.

The title of the whole thread (the one that you read & clicked on to get in here) is:

Giving a clip Bluetooth &/or Wi-fi capabilities…

It doesn’t get much more clear than that ladies & gentlemen… 

Ok…I have to ask this…Is it really that much of a hassle to plug in your Clip?  And if so, I’m not sure how much LESS of a hassle it would be to plug in a bluetooth/wireless adapter, then get it to access your computer.

Now if you could actually access Rhapsody WITH the Clip once it was connected, then it might be worthwile (I suppose…)