I tried researching this before posting, but found that my issue is a bit different than others who have had similar problems. I have my Fuze full of Rhapsody files, all of which were playing just dandy and showed to have another ten days of play before they needed to be updated. The other day, I was listening to my Fuze. I turned it off for a few minutes. When I turned it back on, I received the message that it was updating my music although I hadn’t gone anywhere near a computer. When I went to “play all” it said there was no song. I quickly realized that all directories (artists, tracks etc) show <empty>. My photos are gone as well. And yet, the player still shows that 5.1 gigs of memory are used, so all the files are clearly still there. I’m guessing the directory tree is gone somehow. I’ve tried to think how to restore it on my own, but I’m at a loss. I tried connecting to my computer and Rhapsody again, to see if Rhapsody would find the files and update them. Now Rhapsody can’t find anything either. Windows Vista also can’t find the files, although it too recognizes that the space is used.
It isn’t like this is a player that’s seen a lot of use. It is nearly new. It took me hours to install 800+ songs and I’m reluctant to try reformatting the thing and starting over, especially if this whole fiasco is likely to happen all over again after another fifty hours of use (about all this player has seen since I got it). I’m really hoping someone can suggest a fix. Thanks for taking the time to read