Getting an error installing Windows Player 10 - is my computer too old?

I just purchased a Fuze and haven’t opened the box yet.  Reading the downloaded manual - I’m looking at sytem requirements and find that I need Media Player 10.  So I go to download it to my computer and get an error message.  Check the Windows site - and it requires a 233 mhz computer.  Check my comuter and I have a 1.8 ghz processor with SP3 Windows.

Is my computer too old for this player to work? 

Thanks

@fireball wrote:

I just purchased a Fuze and haven’t opened the box yet.  Reading the downloaded manual - I’m looking at sytem requirements and find that I need Media Player 10.  So I go to download it to my computer and get an error message.  Check the Windows site - and it requires a 233 mhz computer.  Check my comuter and I have a 1.8 ghz processor with SP3 Windows.

Thanks

Not based on that. 1.8 GHz is much faster than 233 MHz. What is the exact text of the error message?

The error was that my OS wouldn’t support the Media Player v10. 

I just tried to install Windows Player v11.  Is it pretty safe to assume that the Fuze will work fine with the Windows Media Player 11

If you have a “less than legal” version of windows (by this I mean it is not genuine) your OS will not support WMP 10 or 11. You could try Media Monkey or Winamp if WMP wont work

@fireball wrote:

Thanks

Just checking, Windows XP SP3 or Windows 2000 SP3?  A PC with that processor could have either one.

The XP OS version is legal - came installed with my Dell

It’s Windows XP 2002 with SP 3

For some reason - Media Player 10 would not install - but I got WMP 11 to install just fine.  I’ve been using the DELL jukebox for audio files since I got the computer - so I’m learning the WMP on the fly right now.

It may have been a bug with 10. Good Luck.