Genre: Podcast to

I’ve been playing around with media monkey and I have a question about it and Fuze. as some of you may well know the fuze has special folders for Podcast and audiobooks. I never use these folder and rename all my podcasts to something else because I like to use the Golist. can I setup a micro or something like that to automatically rename my podcast to other Genre then say podcast? can Media Monkey do that?

this would solve my problem for the time being so I don’t have to rename my podcasts eachday witch is a pain.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 05-27-2009 03:44 PM

@jarrycanada wrote:

I’ve been playing around with media monkey and I have a question about it and Fuze. as some of you may well know the fuze has special folders for Podcast and audiobooks. I never use these folder and rename all my podcasts to something else because I like to use the Golist. can I setup a micro or something like that to automatically rename my podcast to other Genre then say podcast? can Media Monkey do that?

this would solve my problem for the time being so I don’t have to rename my podcasts eachday witch is a pain.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 05-27-2009 03:44 PM

I dont know about Automatically doing that but you can do a mass tagging by selecting your podcasts that you want to re tag and then changing the genre. 

sorta like right clicking on a folder of mp3s and changing the Genre? ya thats what I am doing each morning but it’s becoming a pain. I am looking for a more automated answer to this problem. because I have to live with this problem tell more people contact Sandisk and complain to get it fixed. I just want my golist to work like it did in the past older Sandisk players. :frowning:

@jarrycanada wrote:
sorta like right clicking on a folder of mp3s and changing the Genre? ya thats what I am doing each morning but it’s becoming a pain. I am looking for a more automated answer to this problem. because I have to live with this problem tell more people contact Sandisk and complain to get it fixed. I just want my golist to work like it did in the past older Sandisk players. :frowning:

I know it can be a pain… I dont have my Windows laptop with me right now to check media monkey gold but I am pretty sure the free one doesnt have the auto feature… but as I said gold might. 

so what other software is there for downloading podcasts, reading and downloading from RSS feeds? other then itunes and mediamonkey, anyone?

@jarrycanada wrote:

so what other software is there for downloading podcasts, reading and downloading from RSS feeds? other then itunes and mediamonkey, anyone?

There’s one called Juice, that I’ve seen mentioned here before…but I’ve never tried it.

@jarrycanada wrote:

… the fuze has special folders for Podcast and audiobooks. I never use these folder and rename all my podcasts to something else because I like to use the Golist.

When you don’t either put content in folder “Audiobooks” or “Podcasts”, or alternatively, have them tagged with genre “Audiobook” or “Podcast”, you lose the resume function (properly resume at the point where you left off listening, as opposed to starting always at 00:00:00).  You’re satisfied with that? 

I’d reather lose some functions and have the golist thank you very much. I like to pick three of four podcasts and have them in a golist. I am looking at software that will let me manage my podcasts and do the id tags better then I am doing right now. Media monkey looked very promising but it doens’t have a custom tag feature that would past in all the information in the way that I would like. IE Genre and date and track number.

Personally, I’d like to see the Podcast category in its own top level option rather than in Music.

My problem Is I use this for mostly for Podcasts and Radioshows I download off the net so I spend way to much time trying to organize all of this media. Media monkey has helped a bit but it’s got a big time learning Curve with it

Anyone try Songbird yet? is it any good.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-02-2009 01:44 PM

@jarrycanada wrote:

My problem Is I use this for mostly for Podcasts and Radioshows I download off the net so I spend way to much time trying to organize all of this media. Media monkey has helped a bit but it’s got a big time learning Curve with it

Anyone try Songbird yet? is it any good.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-02-2009 01:44 PM

I tried it for mac… and was not impressed. I did only a little tagging and it seemed decent. I would just suggest giving it a try…

anyone try winamp for podcasts,  someone told me it can download and manage RSS feeds?

I found a script that changes the genre to techpodcasts at MM’s website. so now thats fixed.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-11-2009 12:31 PM

I’m using mypodder, it runs through a web service so you can select your feeds online and the client program lives on my fuze and I run it once a week when I plug my fuze into a computer and downloads staight to my sd card. The genre is whatever the author sets it to so I still have to retag them

http://www.podcastready.com/download.php

I found a script for Media monkey that will change the Genres, but it would be nice if there was a software program out there that would let a person preset fields to his or her liking and have them automatically filled in.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13259