Genre listing

I have added all my music in Genres. This is great, but the when I select a genre all that I can then do is select an artist before selecting an album to play. I want to be able to select Genre and then album as I have a number of albums by various artists.

Is there a way of doing this? I have asked support@sansa.com but all they do is reply to an e-box account that I can not access and I’m finding it increasingly frustrating.

If I cannot select genre and then album that’s fine, but all I want is for someone to tell me that I can’t or that I can and how to do it !!!

Genre>Artist>Album> Song is the navigation tree you have. You cant do

Genre>Album UNLESS you retag the Artist to be blank or the same which would would probably not want to do.

I don’t really understand your answer, but I suspect you are saying that I need to change the song or artist details. I find this a bit of a restriction on the device and something I would want to be allowed in future software upgrades.

It’s a bit of a pain to be honest.

@mccstu wrote:

I don’t really understand your answer, but I suspect you are saying that I need to change the song or artist details. I find this a bit of a restriction on the device and something I would want to be allowed in future software upgrades.

It’s a bit of a pain to be honest.

What he is saying is that the way the clip (and fuze) is currently programmed, you have to go to Genre and then pick an artist and then a song, or there is a play all feature in the latest firmware. So if you have the latest firmware you can select a genre and then play all. 

The way you  added the music is the also plays a role in this. If you Just added folders called punk, and classical, and jazz for example those have no effect. The fuze does not currently use folder navigation it navigates by tags. So if you are getting a lot of unknowns under genre you need to edit the tags.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-19-2009 01:48 PM

Thank you