gapless playback

Hello Everybody! i been using my clip for two months and i can say that i’m very happy with it

But personally i think that this little device still needs the “gapless playback” feature to be perfect

Why? Well some may say that the principal reason it’s the playback of “live albums” but as a rock music

listener there are a lot of albums wich i NEED to hear without silences between tracks:Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon

Sonic Youth’s Bad Moon Rising, Queen’s Queen II, Dream Theater’s Scenes From A Memory, The Beatles Sgt.'s Peppers And A Very, Very Long List

Please make this possible on the next firmware  

Thanx For Reading

@eliot wrote:

Hello Everybody! i been using my clip for two months and i can say that i’m very happy with it

But personally i think that this little device still needs the “gapless playback” feature to be perfect

Why? Well some may say that the principal reason it’s the playback of “live albums” but as a rock music

listener there are a lot of albums wich i NEED to hear without silences between tracks:Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon

Sonic Youth’s Bad Moon Rising, Queen’s Queen II, Dream Theater’s Scenes From A Memory, The Beatles Sgt.'s Peppers And A Very, Very Long List

Please make this possible on the next firmware  

Thanx For Reading

Congrats! You are the 9,853 person to request this! :smileyvery-happy:

I am joking with you, don’t be offended…but it is a very common request.  Most post it in the Product Feature Suggestions board, or the Firmware update threads though. :wink:

If Rockbox, alternative firmware, ultimately comes to the Clip (being worked on at present), it will bring gapless for certain file formats, most universally, to MP3 variable bitrate files.