Gapless playback and crossfading on all models

Would love to see gapless playback and adjustable crossfading in future on all models.

I own 3 4gb clips and E280v2 w/4 8gb micro sdhc cards.

Thanks,

Mike

Did you just go through and list all the features Rockbox offers? :wink:

Um, not on purpose.  Don’t know much about rockbox except that my clips and v2 devices aren’t yet supported.  Actually thought I was on a roll there.

Mike

Since at least 1948 with the release of the LP Vinyl format, we have been able to enjoy gapless playback. Through the years we’ve moved to cassettes, CDs, mini-discs, and they’ve all supported gapless playback as standard. Then came the MP3 player!

Most computer programs support this and have for years. Rockbox has supported it for at least the last 4 years (worked great on my iRiver H140!). Even those (awful) Apple iTunes and iPods support gapless playback! But not our wonderful Sansa Fuzes etc :frowning:

So whether we’re listening to classical music, or Led Zeppelin I from 1969, or a live concert, a modern progressive rock album, or one of over 300 CDs in my collection which have one or more tracks without gaps, we ALL NEED gapless playback.

Do deny us this feature we’ve all taken for granted for over 60 years, is to deny us the ability to fully enjoy our music… which is after all what we purchase these products for!

Corey :slight_smile:

@coreying wrote:

Since at least 1948 with the release of the LP Vinyl format, we have been able to enjoy gapless playback. Through the years we’ve moved to cassettes, CDs, mini-discs, and they’ve all supported gapless playback as standard. Then came the MP3 player!

Most computer programs support this and have for years. Rockbox has supported it for at least the last 4 years (worked great on my iRiver H140!). Even those (awful) Apple iTunes and iPods support gapless playback! But not our wonderful Sansa Fuzes etc :frowning:

So whether we’re listening to classical music, or Led Zeppelin I from 1969, or a live concert, a modern progressive rock album, or one of over 300 CDs in my collection which have one or more tracks without gaps, we ALL NEED gapless playback.

Do deny us this feature we’ve all taken for granted for over 60 years, is to deny us the ability to fully enjoy our music… which is after all what we purchase these products for!

Corey :slight_smile:

@I got annoyed enough with waiting for gappless, I decided to get proactive, got my USB Turntable and some Adult Beverage, and for 3 nights I recorded Dark Side of the Moon, Led Zepplin 4, and The Who Live @ The Ise of Write, straight from the Vinyl and put that cut on my Fuze. I admit we need gappless but I will say that was a fun few days of listening to some awesome rock.