fuze+ won't turn on, nor will it connect on my pc

fuze+ won’t turn on now, nor will it connect on/to my pc…the pc now doesn’t see it at all (this is all new, I have used the fuze+ for months & had not had either problem before! Help!

<script id=“overlay_tmpl” type=“text/html”>// <div id=“<%= overlayId %>” class=“_mp3rocket_overlay_style” style=“left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>”></div> // </script>

Is this the same one you dropped in the toilet 8 months ago?

And have you tried resetting it?

Oh, Tapeworm, you rascal, you!

Well yes & no. Actually no. It’s the same me, but (thx to the great Extended Warranty/Service Protection deal for $10 at Best Buy, the Geek Squad just stra8ightaway replaced the Ole Loo Lunger w/a brand new one, right off the sales floor (w/no unseemly questions being asked - no any volunteered unnecessarily from me (i.e., “It got wet.)”!

Now as to this replacement one, I’ve had no problems until a day or so ago since when it has not turned back on (after a night of , charging on my alternate in the wall charger (the pc was off late that eve when I noticed it was low batt, so I plugged it into the wall charger, saw the device come on w/batt icon animatedly “charging”. Fine.

Got up late next morning, rushing around, grabbed device, which was black & off (standard when having been wall-charged), charged out the door w/o turning on device, but when I tried holding down the on/off switch as usual, until the Sansa logo appears, nothing happened, nor has happened since!

I tried the other forum mem’s suggestion of holding down the down vol key till my thumb hurt…no go. When I plug it into the USB port(s) on my pc, my pc doesn’t “see” the device at all. Went into device mgr to “disable” the device (in order to then turn of pc, turn  back on to then re-enable device, as another user suggested, but neither does Device Mgr at all see the Fuze+, so that’s a no-starter as well.

Now, happenstancedly, recently (like a wk before deadness, & after which I had used the device normally), I did, experimentally, change the USB mode from the “let device choose” to MTP (WTF, why not, I’d read the MSC was for Apple, other for PC, so did it, but like I say, after having done so, device worked fine both on & offline. So…??)

I’ve also, recently, FYI, been “toying around” w/the Property settings for some songs/artists that were not notated correctly in the menus on the Fuze, to my frustration when trying to find a particular song by a particular artist, which I know is present on device, only to find one or the other under “Unknown Artist” or “Unknown Album”, many times w/the song itself listed as artist and vice versa, which is not the case either from where the drag & drop to the Fuze originated, in the reg. My Music folder on my pc, nor is the culprit listed as such in my separate iTunes Library/folders! So, for the last wk or so, I’ve been laborously going in Properties for the item & rearranging where needed, & also, maybe significantly, deleting any album reference, simply 'cuz I wanted all my songs by one particular artist to play seemlessly for me, w/me not having to go to the next album to con’t the songfest for particular artist. This worked 100% for a few artists, not so much for most, & even curiouser, after doing the Summary redo in Properties & then viewing anew all items in that Artist’s folder, many time a mysterious Chinese character(s) would suddenly appear at the end of the Artist’s surname, that had not been seen previously!! (??) Sometimes instead of these characters there would appear a square or rectangle shape at end of artist’s name, which I would disgruntledly go back into Prop & Sum and delete offending apparation, which, after sometimes having to do it more than once, would no longer be visible, but even though I’d blanked out album name or ref, sometimes the device would therafter still divide the artist up into separate/one song only (at times) albums! Grrr.

Does the above have any sig/meaning from past experiences to yer knows-all-Tek Brain, O Fearless One??

Hey, happenstancedly my marvy extended warranty is still in effect (until Nov), so I was just about to dash out & up to Best Buy & hopefully just get me another spankin’ new Solstice Black from the showroom! (And I still am, so will chk back w/this forum when return in a bit)

One last thing, Tapes: Somewheres else in the forums, I had read that if one had changed USB mode to MTP, then Win Media must be at least at 10.0 or above, so I chk & my Win Media was a 9.0, so I this morning upgraded it for my XP to the allowed 11.0 (it looks nifty (ier) as I tooled around w/it thereafter (I heretofore had preferred the look/feel of iTunes to Win Media, but 11.0 look/feels similar, & I’m looking forward to freshly synching my tunes thru 11.0 to the new shiny F+, w/o all those clunky “Unknown” artists/folders from me having only just “dragged & dropped” (or worse, mass d/l my entire “My Music” folder (& all its alpha artists within) over w/o any thought to any “synching” at all (since I’m a slouch, or was, or worse!)

And NO, Mister, WM 11.0 did NOT either “see” the plugged in F+ as an available device (as Win Device Mgr still does not/did not, either!)

Ciao!

Chk You When I Return

Hey! Who knows, maybe the G Squad are in a crabbly/bored mood, & wanna “jist fix some’in”, & so proceed to not swap me out a new one [although I chk’d my store online & they’re on hand!) & instead go & issue me a claim chk for a next wk pickup, & when I return home all hounddogged, & log on here at the forum, you will have brilliantly deduced from all my above verbiage’s complete contents, the most elegant & sweet permanent fix for the ages! Well, one never knows, now, do one?!)

<script id=“overlay_tmpl” type=“text/html”>// <div id=“<%= overlayId %>” class=“_mp3rocket_overlay_style” style=“left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>”></div> // </script>

Sorry, Tapes, one last short comment:

I can’t try “resetting” it since I can’t turn it on! Duh!

@steverino_10 wrote:

Sorry, Tapes, one last short comment:

I can’t try “resetting” it since I can’t turn it on! Duh!

Why not? :confounded:

Resetting is used when the unit freezes up or (Duh!) doesn’t turn on at all.

Regardless of On or OFF state, press and hold the power button for 30 secs. Use a watch or count it out; don’t guess. Release the power button; then press it again momentarily as you would to normally turn it on.

I’ve got a week’s vacation coming up soon. Maybe I’ll get a chance to wade through your other post then. :stuck_out_tongue:

So you wrote that huge long please help me and ended with “but anything you say won’t matter because I’m taking it back in a few minutes, but thanks for wasting your time.”

really?   so thanks for wasting our time…

Had you the sufficient capability to actually read & discern all in y admittedly lengthly posting, Scotty, you would not have made your so unnecessarily peevish (& incorrect, of course) snippy comment, since it was still a distinct possibility that a new Fuze would not be available to me under the warranty, and even if so, such problems as the variety of ones (other than & even with the main complaint of “won’t turn on”) could still certainly yet again become evident down the line…so just shut the hell up (as in the tried & true adage to any who would attempt to aid: “Just push, pull, or get out of the way!”).

Capeche?