Fuze won't keep playing for long periods

My Fuze won’t keep playing for long periods, and will show the splash screen and either time out or attempt to replay from where I started a play session. It’s not a battery or power saver issue.

I like to plug my Fuze into a mixer and play it while I’m working (on random) or sleeping. Often, if I get up in the middle of the night, it will have just decided to stop playing, even though there’s more than enough juice in the battery and easily more than 8 hours in the playlist.

I use it on a Mac, using a script developed for importing iTunes playlists into the Fuze (iTunes to Clip.scpt). It works great. I also use the drag-n-drop method.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that there are a lot of junk files on it with ds store-like names (._trackname, etc).  I don’t know if these are generated by the drag-n-drop method or the script/m3u method.

I have noticed in my car that when the Fuze encounters lots of these weird junk files, it sometimes freezes of defaults to the splash screen.

What do you think? Ideally, I would like to be able to use my Fuze in the manner described above. Simply turn it on and let it play for hours, during commutes, working, sleeping, etc…

Any help would be appreciated!

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:37 PM

Those “apple droppings” are left by the Finder.  The Fuze can have issues with them.  Check the forum posts regarding the MAC, and there are some solutions.  I wouldn’t be suprised if this is your issue!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks, all.

Will investigate the links sent and report back my findings.

Much appreciated.