Fuze with slow menu video

Good Morning,

I luv my 4 Gb fuze. But the other day i picked it up and went to use it. It is working fine, but the trouble i have is the video is slow, i am not playing video, just trying to use the menus. There is an 8-10 second delay where the screen goes dark, and then comes back on. Push or scroll and it goes dark again for another 10 seconds. Pretty much makes it useless…

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I have tried holding the power button on for a minute or so with no joy. I did a scan of this forum and saw nothing similar. Any advice would be appreciated…Thanx

mark

ps: i have uploaded the latest firmware release-no joy 

Message Edited by SilentUnicorn on 11-28-2008 01:11 AM

anyone??

I cant believe i am alone in this…

Mark

@silentunicorn wrote:

There is an 8-10 second delay where the screen goes dark, and then comes back on. Push or scroll and it goes dark again for another 10 seconds. Pretty much makes it useless…

I did a scan of this forum and saw nothing similar. Any advice would be appreciated…Thanx

anyone??

I cant believe i am alone in this…

The fact that you didn’t find anything similar or that nobody has responded yet might be a clue that this is not a known issue or common problem and you should probably call Tech Support or exchange it for a new one wherever you got it from. You may have a bum unit.

Thank you for you reply Tapeworm.

Is there any way to reinstall the operating system? do you think a full format of the unit would help? Is it possibe a bad file is causing this?

mark 

Yeah that’s not a normal problem.

You can try formatting the Fuze and re-installing the firmware on it.  If that does not fix it then return it for a new one.

@silentunicorn wrote:

Thank you for you reply Tapeworm.

Is there any way to reinstall the operating system? do you think a full format of the unit would help? Is it possibe a bad file is causing this?

mark 

Anything, of course is possible.

• You can try running ChkDsk to check for and fix a corrupted file and examine your ID3tags for garbage in the Comments field… 
  • The Fuze has a convenient on-board Format option in the SETTINGS menu.
  • You can manually re-install the firmware. Instructions are in the post containing the link to the firmware at the top of the board.

But if these things don’t solve the issue, I’d make tracks for the store to exchange it before they run out. It IS Christmas season after all. :wink:

No, you are not alone. I just bought my daughter a Fuze and she is having the exact same problem:cry:

I was happy to find your post and look forward to having it resolved. She has called sansa tech support for assistance. we have updated the firmware and reformatted and reset factory default settings and numerous other ideas without success. I  will post if they help her resolve. thanks

I had this problem too with my first fuze. The backlight was also faulty being very dim. I returned it for an exchange and no problems since.

We called up Sansa and they asked her to do all the things we had already tried.  In the end they said she should take it back to Circuit city to return it.  They were out of stock:cry:

The 8gb fuze is 89.99 there, less than the 4gb at 99.99.

Skyswim -

Is there another Circuit City you can exchange it at? One that has it in stock? You shouldn’t have to return it to the same one you bought it at, unless that’s the only one in your area.