Fuze/View Features & Interface should reflect each other

I have a View and saw a Fuze on sale so i bought it for my girlfriend. I just figured they could play the same file types. i was wrong. the View plays more of the itunes where the Fuze does not, specificaly the music. These little units hardware aren’t too much different. can this just be added to the next firmware release. A feature i noticed on her Fuze was folder view inside the music section.

My View also has a lot of problems with duplicate songs in the interface even though they aren’t physicaly duplicated on the disk.

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, your first answer isn’t one you’ll want to hear: the View firmware hasn’t been updated in over a year, and most have given up hope that it ever will be.

the view supports .aac files because some of the supported video types use the .aac codec for the audio stream. the fuze does not support these video codecs so no need for .aac support or licensing fees. if you want the file to be playable on the fuze you can use itunes to convert them to mp3. if you purchased the files before itunes went drm free you can pay a small fee and have the drm stripped from the file then it can be converted to mp3. 

@sk810 wrote:

I have a View and saw a Fuze on sale so i bought it for my girlfriend. I just figured they could play the same file types. i was wrong. the View plays more of the itunes where the Fuze does not, specificaly the music. These little units hardware aren’t too much different. can this just be added to the next firmware release. A feature i noticed on her Fuze was folder view inside the music section.

Not true. The Fuze’s and the Views innards are as different as night & day. 2 totally diffferent animals.