Fuze USB problem

I hate to ask such a stupid question but where is SETTINGS found on Windows XP?  I have looked everywhere on my computer and can’t find it in order to even change the USB mode.

Which settings? You could start looking by clicking start, settings, control panel, system, hardware, device manager. The  settings are really kept in the registry though. Editing the registry directly is tricky business though, and not recommended unless you know what you are doing.

@lindas65 wrote:

I hate to ask such a stupid question but where is SETTINGS found on Windows XP?  I have looked everywhere on my computer and can’t find it in order to even change the USB mode.

I believe you are confusing something you read here about changing the USB mode on your player? The SETTINGS menu in on your player, not in Windows! :wink:

@lindas65 wrote:

I believe you are confusing something you read here about changing the USB mode on your player? The SETTINGS menu is on your player, not in Windows! :wink:  

LOL!  Just as you responded, I figured this out!  My only excuse is sleep deprivation! Sad, but my 11yr old had to clear that up for me!:smiley:

A parent’s # 1 rule . . . When in doubt about something technological? . . . Ask your kid! :smileyvery-happy:

And I appreciate your not calling me an idiot!  BTW, once we changed the setting, it was all smooth sailing (so far) and my daughter absolutely LOVES it.  She is just so glad we didn’t take it back for an iPod - she did not want to give up the voice recorder!!  I did not want to get sucked into the Apple conspiracy!!smileywink:

I’ve never been one to ‘blindly drink the Kool-Aid’ either. :stuck_out_tongue: