Fuze sync issue

Hello All,

Using Fuze 4gb, refurb, also Windows Media Player 11

Added several songs to the sync tab… indicated sync completed successfully.  Went to play the songs, player froze.  Formatted device. 

Plugged device into computer, transferred songs from library to sync box.  Started sync, sync completed on about 1/2 of the songs, and then it says “stopped” on the rest.

Formatted device, tried again.  Same issue.  This time, i cleared sync list, and tried to sync again the songs that it didnt work on.  Received error message C00D1236 (which could mean anything, as i understand).

So I have no idea what is wrong with the the device or where to go from here.  Is it junk? 

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

Emily

I should say that the above issue happened in “MTP” usb setting, changed to “MSC” and it gives the error

“Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.”

scratch that… tried it again in MSC, and it stopped mid-sync for no apparent reason.   Hum…

Take WMP out of the picture for a moment.

Put it in MSC mode.

Connect and look at it in Computer or My Computer. You’ll see the Fuze as Sanza Fuze.

Find the files that you want to sync, throw them in a folder and drag the folder onto the Fuze.

Does that work? 

If I try to create a folder in “music” in the fuze it says “Unable to create the folder ‘new folder’   The system cannot find the file specified.”

If I try to just drag and drop each music file it says “Cannot create or replace MUSIC: Cannot find the specified file.  Make sure you specify the correct path and file name.”

Hmmmm…

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:41 PM

interesting… i thought i WAS in msc… did a little clicky clicky, and apparently i was not…

That worked…

Oh, in answer to the second question, it hangs on different songs each time.