Fuze Suggestion

Love the Fuze.  Hope it lives long and prospers.

I have avoided Playlists because they take fussing.  I love the simplicity of the GoList and appreciate that the feature was upgraded to 200 songs.  I would LOVE a second GoList.  This would enable on-the-fly creation of “playlists” for upcoming party, roadtrip, etc, while preserving the day-to-day normal GoList.

As long as we’re wishing, if the Fuze had a jack for external stereo mic (for Voice Recording) THAT would make it one awesome unit!  I use the recorder a lot and would really appreciate the ability to have a good-quality stereo mic plugged in.

blackdog-sansa wrote:

Love the Fuze.  Hope it lives long and prospers.

I have avoided Playlists because they take fussing.  I love the simplicity of the GoList and appreciate that the feature was upgraded to 200 songs.  I would LOVE a second GoList.  This would enable on-the-fly creation of “playlists” for upcoming party, roadtrip, etc, while preserving the day-to-day normal GoList.

As long as we’re wishing, if the Fuze had a jack for external stereo mic (for Voice Recording) THAT would make it one awesome unit!  I use the recorder a lot and would really appreciate the ability to have a good-quality stereo mic plugged in.

Even I,the non-playlist guy, would be behind that request. I have on occasion used the GoList. So yeah, a second GoList would be very cool.

Boy I’m still wishing there was SOME way (besides a playlist) to get a second ( or third and fourth) GoList.

My GoList is alwasy being used, but it would be GREAT to have one for “Chilling” music…soulful guitar or piano, etc…

One for real uptempo high-energy stuff, one for the party this weekend, etc.

Someone else was asking about any new player possibilities.  Im ready for Fuze II.  Larger screen, stereo mic in jacks, record in mono or stereo, maybe on-borad X-Y stereo mics-  maybe a touchscreen… ability to play avi/xvid/divx/mp4 video files.  The Fuze is a remarkable player for really quite a low price.  I’d pay quite a bit more for a larger higer-powered Fuze.

blackdog-sansa wrote:

Boy I’m still wishing there was SOME way (besides a playlist) to get a second ( or third and fourth) GoList.

My GoList is alwasy being used, but it would be GREAT to have one for “Chilling” music…soulful guitar or piano, etc…

Sounds like you’re describing playlists to me.

They really don’t require that much time or ‘fussing’. It’s just that you’re creating it while connectd to your computer, instead of the device itself.

Why don’t you download the free version of Winamp (if you don’t already have it), and give this a whirl. It’s the proverbial peice of baklava. :smiley:

blackdog-sansa wrote:

Boy I'm still wishing there was SOME way (besides a playlist) to get a second ( or third and fourth) GoList.

My GoList is alwasy being used, but it would be GREAT to have one for "Chilling" music...soulful guitar or piano, etc...

Sounds like you're describing playlists to me.

It seems silly to sit around wating for months on the 'possibility' that a.) it's even possible that additional GoLists can ba added, and b.) that SanDisk is so inclined as to add it in a future firmware update.

They really don't require that much time or 'fussing'. It's just that you're creating it while connectd to your computer, instead of the device itself.

Why don't you download the free version of Winamp (if you don't already have it), and give this a whirl. It's the proverbial peice of baklava. :smiley:

blackdog-sansa wrote:

Boy I'm still wishing there was SOME way (besides a playlist) to get a second ( or third and fourth) GoList.

My GoList is alwasy being used, but it would be GREAT to have one for "Chilling" music...soulful guitar or piano, etc...

Sounds like you're describing playlists to me.

It seems silly to sit around wating for months on the 'possibility' that a.) it's even possible that additional GoLists can ba added, and b.) that SanDisk is so inclined as to add it in a future firmware update.

They really don't require that much time or 'fussing'. It's just that you're creating it while connected to your computer, instead of the device itself.

Why don't you download the free version of Winamp (if you don't already have it), and give this a whirl. It's the proverbial peice of baklava. :smiley:

blackdog-sansa wrote:

Someone else was asking about any new player possibilities.  Im ready for Fuze II.  Larger screen, stereo mic in jacks, record in mono or stereo, maybe on-borad X-Y stereo mics-  maybe a touchscreen… ability to play avi/xvid/divx/mp4 video files.  The Fuze is a remarkable player for really quite a low price.  I’d pay quite a bit more for a larger higer-powered Fuze.

I’ve thought about a Fuze+, and what it would need for me to consider getting one. I had a V1 Fuze, and 2 Clips, and now a Clip+.

1. At least 16GB internal memory. If the Clip+ has 8GB internal, no excuse for a Fuze-sized player to not have more.

2. Gapless play.  As much as I am tired of hearing the litany of complaints about it not being there currently, it is a valid complaint…especially since they’ve got it 99% right on the Clip+.

3. Dedicated volume control. In fact, I would recommend aping the Clip+ layout…the scroll wheel is too reminiscent of iPods.

These things would be enough for me to give it serious consideration…I’m not concerned with video, and album art is cool, but I don’t miss it if it is not there. In fact, when I made my lossy conversions of my FLAC files, I didn’t bother adding album art, even though 2 out of 3 players I own support it. A second available GoList would be nice, but that’s not a deal-breaker for me…I only occasionally use the existing one.

And if they can do thse things and keep it the same size, then they should also consider having a clip on the back of it too. :wink:

Tape

Thanks for the info on playlists.  I understand the concept- and I could do this…it’s just another thing to mess with on the computer.  The GoList is so great because I can add and delete from it so effortlessly.  It’s constantly evolving.  If I had to remember every tune and say “you know- I’m just a bit sick of that one”…and twenty minutes later “yeah- that one too” and then two hours later “wish I had THAT tune on my GoList”…

Then I’d have to take notes or remember it all three days later when I get to sit down and mess with playlists.

Plus the GoList can draw from either the microSD card or the on-board memory.

But you know, I’m just daydreaming about my personal ideal device features…I do the same thing with cameras and guitars and amps.  Doesn’t mean I’m going to get anything.