Fuze scroll is stuck.

The circle scroll thing is completly stuck, my volume won’t change. Luckily I put it on Play all before this started to happen.

I bought it as a referb =P back in January i believe.  Is there a way to check if it even has a warrenty?

I don’t know if there is a way to check the warranty on your Fuze, but I can suggest a possible fix to the stuck wheel.

The wheel may be “gummed-up” with lint, and other stuff, (did you maybe spill soda on it?).

Others on this forum have had luck using 91% Isoprophyl Alcohol to clean the wheel area and free it up.

Maybe put some on a Q-Tip and get a little to flow under the wheel, then try turning the wheel back and forth to free it up.

I would do this with the Fuze powered off. Then I would let all the alcohol evaporate before turning the Fuze on.

Good luck.

I had a malfunctioning one yesterday. It had dropped the night before and the case kind of came loose a little. I popped it back and all was well. The next day after charging all it would do is skip a little when I tried to scroll!!! I immediatly panicked and fiddled with the case some. Then I did a reset and it worked fine.

It’s wierd, when I do a reset, I can’t really tell anything has reset. Out of curiosity I did it out of the blue, I held the switch for a minute or so and it never blinked or gave me any indication anything happened.

Thanks for the help =( but neither options worked. I have to send it in now.

I figured out mine has something to do with it being in standby, charging while the computer is in standby. Mine goes away by turning it off , then on again, at least it has so far.

That’s ■■■■■ you have to send it back.

mcostas wrote:

I figured out mine has something to do with it being in standby, charging while the computer is in standby. Mine goes away by turning it off , then on again, at least it has so far.

You probably shouldn’t be doing this. The forum is full of people who have problems because their computer went to sleep while their players were connected.

I thought when the computer was in standby it functioned like a usb charger. I can play music while the fuze charges!

Or did you mean the computer being on while the fuze is plugged in, then put the computer to sleep while the fuze is plugged in? I can’t remember which way I did it, I’m pretty sure I’ve done it both ways.

My Fuze sometimes goes white-screened or does other things like lock up when the computer goes to sleep while its charging. Also, it stops charging. If you plug it in while the pc is asleep then it’s fine.

Maybe you should check out THIS post. You’re not alone, buddy.