Fuze Possesed

Went to use my Sansa and songs play backward, plays one song with another on the screen, the screen turns white, the round selector don’t work. I can’t even reset the devise. How do I go about the warranty process it’s only about 6 months old.

Yowza.

Slide the power switch up to the ON position, and hold it there for about 30 seconds to reset the device.

Try powering up again and see if it runs normally.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

SanDisk Tech Support

Tried everything I could to reset it but it won’t reset. It all seemed to have started a few days after I downloaded the updates. Contacted tech support and did all they asked and now waiting on there reply. This has been one of the best mp3 players I’ve had hope I can resolve this issue in a timely manner.

OK tech support had me do about a half dozen different things before they had me send it back for a replacement. They received it the day after I sent it out. O’ve been checking there web site. About how long does it take for them to send out a replacement any clues??

@45frank wrote:

OK tech support had me do about a half dozen different things before they had me send it back for a replacement. They received it the day after I sent it out. O’ve been checking there web site. About how long does it take for them to send out a replacement any clues??

They will notify you through email once they ship it out and they will also provide you a tracking number. You can track your package by visiting UPS