Fuze Plus or Fuze Less?

Before buying the Fuze+, I’ve owned 5 different Sansa mp3 players, a View, 2 Fuzes, and 2 Clip+'s and have overwhelmingly happy with the products. In fact, I have often encouraged many friends to also purchase them, which they did.  So when the battery on my Clip+ died (I think the 16gb microsd  was too much for it to handle), I decided to get a Fuze+. I loved my Fuzes and figured it must be better. Wow! I’ve been having just one problem after another. I’ll skip over the problems already mentioned like the touch pad and the stupid lock system, which alone are enough for me to return it. I’m really frustrated that I can’t operate it the way I always have with Sansa mp3’s. I usually just leave it on the total artist shuffle, only turning it off if I want to continue on a cd I like. But it won’t let me. when I turn it back on, it won’t pick up where I left off. It plays the last 10 songs I heard. Who wants to hear what they just heard?  I have to start a new shuffle. It really pisses me off. Second, what happened to the fast forward function? I was listening to a podcast when the sensitive touch pad changed what was playing in my pocket. I couldn’t pick up where I was. Endlessly frustrating. Even when I know what to do, sometimes I can’t do it or it takes many many tries to do it. I was out in a blizzard last week trying to figure what I needed to do. Try operating the thing after smoking a joint. It’s impossible.   Also, what happened to the song info, like the bit rate? I like to know this to replace low bit rate music. So here’s the question. When the Clip added the microsd slot, it became the Clip+. Since this device does less than the old Fuze, where does the Plus come in? Because of the ridiculous touch pad? Also, now I’m having a new problem. When I have it on shuffle, it keeps playing songs from the same 2 or 3 albums. Why?  Basically this is a last ditch effort to figure out a way not to return it because it actually sounds very good, very powerful. I’m giving it a week to decide. Finally, I would say you shouldn’t want to lose people like me as customers. I’m the guy everyone I know comes to for help buying, loading , and operating these devices. If I’m having trouble with this thing, my friends have a snowball’s chance in hell making it work!

I have had a very frustrating time with the Fuze+ since I first bought it back in September of last year, but I have held on to it and learned to like it more than I thought I would.  But for some, there are too many dealbreakers.  I am holding out for the next couple of firmware updates in hopes that they will fix the lock function, which I agree is terrible, and I also hope that they fix the shuffle function as well, because honestly, when I shuffle my music, I notice a pattern whereby I get the same 5 or 6 albums being played, different songs, over and over again, instead of shuffling from the entire library.  There are a lot of problems, but I am still holding out hope.  Sometimes I don’t even know why.  I am hoping that when they release a new Clip generation this year (I hope), it really makes up for the problems of the Fuze+ thus far.  Of course, watch Sandisk put out a new Clip Touch, where the Fuze+ touchpad is implemented on the new Clip generation. *wakes from nightmare* :cry:

Ok, well at least one of my concerns has been addressed. I finally figured out the fast forward function so no need for everyone to post about it.  But again, what made the Sansa players so wonderful was the ease of use. Everything seemed logical. The Fuze Plus doesn’t!  For example, I change the equalizer all the time because different music needs different settings. With the old players, it was right there, one button away when playing music. Now, it’s numerous clicks to get there and even more to get back. Just takes too much time.

@exsansafan wrote:

So when the battery on my Clip+ died (I think the 16gb microsd  was too much for it to handle) . . . I was out in a blizzard last week trying to figure what I needed to do. . . Try operating the thing after smoking a joint. It’s impossible.  . . Also, what happened to the song info, like the bit rate? I like to know this to replace low bit rate music.