Fuze plays mpeg4 according to the website

But why I’m unable to play MPEG 4 format. Why are you publishing fake information Sandisk. Someone sue Sandisk  Sandisk Fake info

You can indeed play MPEG 4 format. My guess is that you just want to drag and drop the files on the player which unfortunatly wont work. You have to use Sansa Media Converter which will take your MPEG 4 file and convert it to a file the player can handle and then the program will add it to the player. The information is not FAKE or FALSE but it is easily miss-interpreted.

Convert to which format ?

If it doesn’t handle mp4 directly, you shouldn’t use the term mpeg4, instead you can put like this “Plays mpeg 4 after conversion with media converter provided by Sandisk” 

Almost every player that plays video requires at least some conversions.

Why don’t you guys have a look at this before typing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_4

@ra28 wrote:
If it doesn’t handle mp4 directly, you shouldn’t use the term mpeg4, instead you can put like this “Plays mpeg 4 after conversion with media converter provided by Sandisk” 

We both know what an MPEG 4 is. We also know what the Fuze does… So… 

Its been a while since I did it but from what I remember its an AVI file. I also think that the fuze will play mp4 audio files (but I am not sure). 

And thats why I said Miss-interpreted. 

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 06-30-2009 03:49 AM

If you’re using a codec that is based on MPEG 4 part 2. Then that should be mentioned clearly and not as mpeg 4.

@ra28 wrote:
Why don’t you guys have a look at this before typing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_4

So which of the many parts of MPEG4 is is you think the Fuze should play?

@ra28 wrote:
If you’re using a codec that is based on MPEG 4 part 2. Then that should be mentioned clearly and not as mpeg 4.

Never Disagreed with you. However I am not SanDisk. I don’t know why they write it that way but thats what they do. Also something to note that for a while now SanDisk has been rumored to be working on a way to eliminate the need for the converter and make the playback of videos more universal. When that day will come I don’t know. The last thing you could look into is Rockbox. When that is officially released it will have a video support that doesn’t need SMC (I dont know what it will support).

It’s a shame people don’t use the search function before posting.

This thread has very similar information and discussion: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=24135

Sandisk advertising ‘MPEG4’ support is misleading.

Forum is for posting individual questions and opnions. Why should I search for the queries posted by others ? Sandisk misleads buyers, someone from the Sandisk should explain this issue. 

This is a user forum.

Why don’t you call SanDisk directly and tell them you’ll sue them?

Or call the Federal Trade Commission to file a complaint about misleading advertising.

That’s probably the only way you’ll see any change. 

Oh, and “Why should I search for the queries posted by others ?”

Because it would show you’re not a complete jerk. 

People are here for fighting I think… I bought this player in India after seeing the Sansa Fuze website and there’s no separate website for India. They misled me, I bought this for playing my m4a but now no use. 

Message Edited by ra28 on 06-30-2009 09:46 PM

All SanDisk International Contact

You can easily convert the files with SMC or with the free version of AnyVideoConverter or with Rhapsody. It’s not as easy as you expected, but it’s not “no use.”

India
000-117-800-853-9045
indiasupport@sandisk.com
M-F | 11am-8pm Local India time

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 06-30-2009 08:17 AM

I’m unsure of the law in India, but if you feel you were misled would you not be able to return it on that basis?  To me that seems like the most sensible course of action, as you obviously do not want the device.

I cannot return it to the shop where I bought, because they know nothing about the formats. Sandisk distributes it through an importer here. Now I don’t know what to do, just lost my money on a device that doesn’t play my songs. I paid almost $105 for a 4GB red fuze. Will the people here in Sandisk help me if I mail them regarding this issue ? 

@ra28 wrote:
  They misled me, I bought this for playing my m4a but now no use. 
Message Edited by ra28 on 06-30-2009 09:46 PM

You’ll probably have to convert the m4a’s to mp3. iTunes, (where most people get their m4a’s from)will convert them for you.

No, Marvin it won’t help, I don’t want to lose the quality of my m4a files.

I just mailed to Sandisk Indian support, I don’t know in what way they’re going to help.

Message Edited by ra28 on 06-30-2009 10:12 PM