Fuze job wheel does not respond?

For some reason out of the blue my Fuze job wheel has stopped responding. All the other buttons work, but when I rotate the dail it does nothing! Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

1. Try a reset.
  2. Re-install firmware.
  3. Return to dealer or contact SanDisk for a replacement if it is still under warranty.

How do you reset the system? I reinstalled the firmware with no luck. And I would love to “Reset” to factory settings but I cannot select it with the job wheel broken?

Hold the spring-loaded power switch on the side on the unit in the uppermost position for 20 - 30 seconds. Release, then start up as usual.

Resetting the factory settings won’t do anything (to help you).

I am having the same issue.  Was using it today and all of a sudden, the wheel/disc can turn but not “perform” any functions! The songs that were playing also were not the songs listed in the window.  If anyone knows what we can do…HELP!!!

marshaita wrote:
I am having the same issue.  Was using it today and all of a sudden, the wheel/disc can turn but not “perform” any functions! The songs that were playing also were not the songs listed in the window.  If anyone knows what we can do…HELP!!!

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=43382#M43382

I have found holding the home button while turning it off will kind of freeze it so it will do a reset that may help it.  This will not hurt the Fuze in any way.