Fuze is not booting

Hello Guys,

My Sansa Fuze 8GB ver.1 is no longer booting. Mainly is the same as described in the thread “Great…Fuze is not booting…anyone else?” here following:

"I’m only going by what my GF told me tonight…worked for her last night while doing cardio…tonight she went to turn it on…the sansa logo comes up but doesn’t get past that and the wheel stays lit blue.

I’m hoping it doesn’t having anything to do with the 8GB Kingston card in there…but I told her to pop it out and try turning it on…still nothing. But now she says it wont turn off…the blue wheel just stays lit."

I tried the proposed solution but nothin. Also tried different resetting like “|<< + power button” and “>|| + power button” but nothing work.

The Sansa is not recognized by the computer but it seems that it charge normally. Also when the battery is low it say so ans switch off. 

Mainly i think that something got corrupted but i dont know how to fix it?

Anyone has a good idea?

THX David

I just had this happen to me. 

Even though the Fuze was not booting properly (like you said, it would boot to the Sansa logo, then do the same thing again after a short period of white screen, and nothing else), I was able to attach the Fuze to my computer.  It recognized the player, so I downloaded the latest firmware from this site and loaded it to the player.

Problem solved.  Thank goodness!

The original poster said his pc doesn’t recognize the player. Did he try holding the power slider in the up position for at least 30 seconds? Did he try connexting it to another computer? Did he try connecting it to a pc using a different cable? If he has a desktop, is he plugging it into a rear usb port? Did he try pushing the power slider to locked, then holding the left button <<< down, connect the player to the pc.

@jk98 wrote:

The original poster said his pc doesn’t recognize the player. Did he try holding the power slider in the up position for at least 30 seconds? Did he try connexting it to another computer? Did he try connecting it to a pc using a different cable? If he has a desktop, is he plugging it into a rear usb port? Did he try pushing the power slider to locked, then holding the left button <<< down, connect the player to the pc.

We’ll probably never know, as it’s been almost 2 months since he posted the problem and he hasn’t logged in since.

He most likely solved the issue on his own, or returned it and spent 2-3 times more money on a u-know-what. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

or returned it and spent 2-3 times more money on a u-know-what. :stuck_out_tongue: