Fuze fell in water, white screen.

Today accidentaly I droped my Fuze into water, and it was in it for a few sec.

I tryed to dry the player with hair dryer and it turned on for a few sec but than come the white screen. Now: nothing.

What do I need to do?

Do not plug in to the pc, and dont turn on just wait a half day? Or what do you recommend?

Thanks…

Generaly speaking, when something like a Fuze or cell phone gets dropped into water, the fix is to go to the store and buy a new one.  On the other hand, try puting it in a warm dry place for a week and the try it.

honfoglalo wrote:

Today accidentaly I droped my Fuze into water, and it was in it for a few sec.

I tryed to dry the player with hair dryer and it turned on for a few sec but than come the white screen. Now: nothing.

What do I need to do?

Do not plug in to the pc, and dont turn on just wait a half day? Or what do you recommend?

Thanks…

Absolutely the WORST thing to do! It needs at least a week selaed up in a dessicant (like white rice) before you should even think about trying to turn it on again.

The damage may already be done now though.

Oh.

I put it into a bag with rice.

The OS worked, but the wheel worked only in one direction and the select button didnt.

I hope it will good, the player is not wet, but i cant dissasemble, so inside it maybe wet.

How many days do i have to wait?

thanks

As Tapeworm said, at least a week.

Depending on how much water is inside, it could take a couple days or a couple months. I’d try shaking out as much as possible, and then leave it sealed up for a week with the rice. Plain white rice please, NO Uncle Ben’s!

But like I said, if you already tried turning it on, the damage may be done. It may never come back. Electronics and water don’t mix as water is one of the best electrical connectors there is and there are literally thousands of micro-solder joints and electrical pathways on the circuit board within 1 square inch inside your player. Doesn’t take but half a drop in the wrong place to short it out for good.