Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

WARNING - Do not upgrade your firmware to 02.38.06 if you value your playlists or use Bearshare.

The 02.38.06  firmware release no longer supports various playlists features properly and seems to cause unit failures.  I am now on my 3rd Fuse within 2 months after the 1st two quit working properly immediately after upgrading the firmware.  The 2nd  failed during chat support while we trying to get the playlists working properly after upgrading the firmware.

I am suspious that  SanDisk agreement with Rapsody requires them to make firmware changes that make the unit  only support Rapsody

I found fuze+ can zoom photos,when the photo is zoomed,the photo can move left and right,but it can’t move up and down(up and down is for zoom in and zoom out right now).Can you add this function? 

I hope zoom in and zoom out using volume+ and volume- key,when the photo is zoomed, using up down left right to move.

Thank you!

我发现fuze+有图片缩放功能,但是缩放后的图片只能向左或向右移动,不能向上或向下移动(因为上和下被用于放大和缩小)。能添加这个功能吗?

我希望使用音量+和音量-控制图片的放大或缩小,然后上下左右键来移动图片。

谢谢。

I’m a new Fuze+ user and desparately looking for an option to play music in folders. I don’t care for tags, artists, playlists … I only like to play and hear music in a simple way out of folders.

1 Like

@traquegrua wrote:

I’m a new Fuze+ user and desparately looking for an option to play music in folders. I don’t care for tags, artists, playlists … I only like to play and hear music in a simple way out of folders.

Get the newest firmware. It has this feature.

I have new firmware in which player play music in folders. It would be nice that I can set that by default player is always in mode to play music in folders (or by tags if I set that as default). So, whenever I chose MUSIC at start screen and hit center “button” of touch padt to go into options in MUSIC part that “folder” option is first option I get. Instead as is it now that first option is “artists” tag and I have to “move screens” to get into “folder” option. It would also be nice if, when use particular option, for example while player play some music, with pressing some command (center of touch pad or some other) to get into options for that function. For example, while song is played when hit center of touch pad to get into menu where I can change equalizer settings, playing mode, playback range. If you know how “option” button on Sony MP NWZ series players works, something like that. Some type of shortcut for most important or most used music settings while player play music, video settings while play video, picture settings while play images, etc…

And, of course, to be able to make real playlist, that is to include songs from different folders in playlist. And to be able to use “generic” playlists (like m3u, I use VLC player, not windows media player, and it would be nice if fuze+ could use generic format for playlist which many players can make, not to be dependent of WMP or any other particular player). Maybe m3u playlists are useable in fuze+, didn’t try playlists yet (I have player for 4 days only), and if that is case, I am sorry for not knowing. But from reading this forum I understand that playlist can not have songs from different folders, and if that is true, that is something which shouldn’t be case with any serious player.

It would be great if you could fix the horrible tag detection. Rockbox works just fine with my music that is in Ogg Vorbis, but the Official Firmware just bootloops. I have no other problems really. This player is much better than any Apple product. and I love it. But you need to fix the tag detection,it is very bad.

Audiobooks need to group by book.  My clip+ works better for books than my Fuze+.  Unforgiveable really.

Every book should have its own PERMANENT bookmark.  

Bookmarks should not be cleared except when the book is deleted from the player.  

Some players allow you to save a couple bookmarks per book, in case you want to go back and listen to something you already listened to without losing your current place.  Very nice.  

Book filese should sort alphanumerically by file name as tags are still not well enough understood/accessible except for by those of us who love MP3tag and similar open source tools.  

The touch pad doesn’t work very well – or maybe its just that it works in a sense opposite to the touch pad o the phone – I keep scrolling up on the Fuze+ when I intend to scroll down and vice versa.  

Love that the Fuse+ works with Overdrive WMA DRM and mp3s.  Thanks for that!!!  

Could we make the video part work with Amazon Instant Video / Ultra Violet so I can put a copy on my player for viewing without going through SMC?   

1 Like

I’d like for the navigation to be less touch sensitive and even go back to the wheel system of the last Sansa Fuze.

Does it serve any fundamental purpose to segregate media content on an external card from media content on the external memory?  I find it annoying that my music on an external microSD card is on its own special menu and that I have to go there to play that music.  It would be nice if external music (and video, pictures, etc. ) appeared on the same lists as the internal media.  I think the only special menu item for external cards should be slot radio.

After a year and  some change i tried out my :smiley:memory slot, and its starting to work again. first thing i remember was this thread. i had to see if it was still up and if i could still see my request of my problem, which was cool to see. Anyways i have been enjoy my fuze, once i got use to the touch tone feature i haven’t look back. i havent had  no problem with it other than the memory card slot which has apparently start working again. also i learn you can buff out scratches with a toothbrush and toothpaste, how cool is that, only if i knew that a year ago i could have had no scratches on my mp3; but some of the old ones won’t come out since they are ingrain now. but wow i’m long winned, just had to express my happiness that i can expand my memory again.

>  Get the newest firmware. It has this feature.

Where? Can you give us a link, please?

I spent an hour trying to find the newest firmware, but the highest number I could find was “02.38.06”, which looks older than my 02.38.06A.

@sebastianhelm wrote:

>  Get the newest firmware. It has this feature.

Where? Can you give us a link, please?

I spent an hour trying to find the newest firmware, but the highest number I could find was “02.38.06”, which looks older than my 02.38.06A.

Answered in your other post:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Where-is-the-latest-firmware/m-p/293659/highlight/true#M5462

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, and sorry that this ended up being a cross post; I had forgotten that I had already asked this question elsewhere.

THat didn’t out.  New Fuze + earphones keep falling out.  2 pairs,  Can the hole just be too big?

This will sound very negative but I find the device extremely difficult to navigate.  I’ve had it for a couple of weeks and still don’t know what’s next.

@deucesup22 wrote:

THat didn’t out.  New Fuze + earphones keep falling out.  2 pairs,  Can the hole just be too big?

If anything, the jacks on new Sansa players are extremely tight. Chances are you don’t have the headphone plug in all the way.

it Just takes practice and a steady finger. I’ve had mine for a couple of years.

I want a Sansa with a touch screen though (like the current iPods).

And better screen visibility in outside sunlight.

Please, please, please either fix the useless touch pad or bring back actual buttons and scroll-wheel that work.  And ensure all the buttons have some tactile feed-back. 

And for Khryste sake, make these things at least a little water resistant.  Advertising them being used in outdoor, athletic activities when the merest hint of water vapor gives them coniptions is, at best, a lie.  Or produce an actual water-resistant case.

Seriously going to go out and replace my fuze+ with a Sony or something that friggen works.  I want my e200 back.

Sandisk relaced the player, so I have a new one.  I’m tempted to resell it while it’s new cause I still have 2 e280’s.  The touch pad is irritating and I’m semi-convinced that I( should keep my options open.

@deucesup22 wrote:

Sandisk relaced the player, so I have a new one.  I’m tempted to resell it while it’s new cause I still have 2 e280’s.  The touch pad is irritating and I’m semi-convinced that I( should keep my options open.

If you can find someone willing to buy it, then do it. If you end up stuck with it, Rockbox it.

You have a very impressive collection.  Can’t have too many MP3 players.