Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

I play my songs almost exclusively in “Shuffle/Repeat All”. Every time I switch playing Music(all songs)->Radio->Music the player goes back to playing the last 10 songs. In the “Shuffle/Repeat All” it is meaningless and it results in the player doing “Shuffle/Repeat last 10”

There’s been great improvement with last update regarding usuability with big library… :smileyvery-happy:

1. But it could be really nice to have alphabetic search in Artist view. As it was said many time previously, it’s a big long to go through the whole library just because the artist we are looking for start with M or P :wink:

2. the issue with playlist schould be the next step (not everyone can use MTP especially linux’s user)

3. the one about order of playing audiobook file is also very anoying

many thanks in advance :smiley:

I’ve pretty much given up on trying to listen to audio books on the Fuze+, and am considering getting an Ipod Shuffle just so I can listen to audio books.  The developers should have spent more time on the project before releasing it, so users could put the audio books in the audio book section instead of the music section.

I’m saving my coins to switch back to an Ipod Classic when my Fuze+'s battery stops taking a charge.

Hello,

With the new looping menu fonction it turns out that its pretty easy to clear the music to go playlist by error. It would be nice if the menu could ask for a confirmation before to do it :smiley:

I would love it to automatically play when I plug it in and turn it on.

I would love the start time to be quicker; it takes too long to “load” or start up.

I would love for it to keep the current time.  I set the time, shut it off, and when I turn it back on, the time I shut it off is shown.

I’m getting another Fuze (I killed my previous one).  The Fuze+ is awful.

I have a large number of FLAC files which are oversampled at 24bit/96khz. Is it possible to add the ability to play these files with a firmware upgrade or is this a feature which can’t be supported on the Fuze+?

Hi,

I bought the Sansa Fuze+ mainly to listen to audiobooks due to the fact that I was pretty happy with the Sanza Fuze player.

The only better feature that the Fuze+ has over the old Fuze is the fact that it will play filenames in the correct order.
It however lacks a few features that should be very easy to fix in firmware

1. Sort the files into books based on the Album id3 tag.

2. Disable that tapping the pad will skip to the next file when listening to an audiobook.  Skipping is a very rare action when one is listening to a book and if I need to skip I can simply run my finger a cross the pad.

3. When I turn the player on I want it to start playing the book right away if I had turned it off while playing the book.   I especially loved this feature in the Fuze because when I wanted to stop I simply turned off the player and then turned it back on to keep on going and in the Fuze+ case, there would be no need to fumble with the touch pad.

4. Add more speed steps (least important)

These features would make the Fuze+ a much better audiobook player.  You have indeed done some improvements in previous firmwares but please focus more on the audiobook feature.

Regards,
  Gunnar

I have just upgraded my Fuze+ to the newest firmware. I haven’t been using it for some time partly due to some of the issues that are SLOWLY being resolved. The new firmware is a welcome step forward - but folder browsing is of no use to me as I have to keep all my songs in the root directory so that I can use sensible playlists.

Come on guys - I am not the only person wanting this feature. The WMP implementation of playlists is not playlists - it is wasting time slowly duplicating already loaded music.

Please give us proper playlist support that can use nested folders.

Thank you.

WMP11 playlisting works for me. in MTP mode

Seconded.

And for the other individual suggesting WMP11 he probably means through MSC, not MTP. I know us Linux users very much want that but hold little hope that the Sansa team will correct it.

I would like to have the possibility to see all the cover arts one by one (not only the cover art of the song that I have listen) for see wich have a problem of display;   better, I would like a software wich can resize all the cover art in a good format (I have 6000 songs)

I would like more infos on songs like year, bitratre etc only when possible (and the possibility to remove the page “albums” when there is no album)

Just another thing, in french there is an expression untranslated: “radio settings” = Paramètres radio

about WMP: a lot of people have a cracked version of windows in France, so WMP don’t work

I would love it if we could have LYRICS with the song by being able to select it when in play mode.

Currently when the player is locked and you attempt to press any control other than the volume+/- you get an overlay that pretty much blocks all the useful information from being viewed. Please add (perhaps as an option) an alternate locked “overlay screen” that perhaps just has a small blinking red lock symbol in the lower right corner. This would allow use of the screen even when in the locked mode.

Please change the voice recorder so that the recordings don’t take up 10mb/minute of recording

because they UPPED the quality! Do you not like better quality?

For one, it records in two channels despite it not being a stereo microphone= double the size with no gains whatsoever. At the very least they could fix it so that it records in mono instead of identical stereo channels.

@savoiu wrote:
Currently when the player is locked and you attempt to press any control other than the volume+/- you get an overlay that pretty much blocks all the useful information from being viewed. […]

You’re so right!:smileyvery-happy: At least, the overlay should not cover the time-line and the file infos.

Right now it touches the album art and, combined with its small size, that makes it hard to see. Please move it a few pixels down. Also, a more pleasing look of it would be welcome. Right now it looks very unpolished.

Currently there is a lot of empty space on either side of the title/artist/album information. Yes, sometimes the left side has the “card” icon but I see little benefit from having that show there (or at all). That icon can be moved inline with the song timing info just above it. This will free up the space to be used to display more title/artist/album text.

please expand the limit currently inplace for title name. I have some podcasts with a long title that gets truncated.