Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

@qd1 wrote:

It would be nice if I could play all of the Albums by a Artist or group in order instead one at a time.

scroll to artist tap play done.

Well you can’t play by Genre because you have to get through the artists and songs pane before you get to genres, and no man has ever made it through the song list with a full collectiton.  But yes,  you can scroll down to an artist and drill in. 

As an added bonus, you get to play interesting “catch me if you can” game iwth the artist list if you have a large collecton (defined as anything over 15 gig or so).  You can test your skill at quick swipes, slow swipes and touches as the artist names scroll by fluidly, in big jumps or no response at all in random sequence. 

If you get good at it, you’re ready for the next level.  Actually select and artist and start playing the music.  Then try to switch to another artist!   Oooh… now the fun begins.  The interface is even more halting, jumpy and bizarre. 

To master that level requires deep thought grasshopper.  The savy Sansa Fuse+ player will reduce the artist count by tagging related artists to the same name.  Like tagging every grunge rocker to an artist like “Neil Young and anyone from Seattle”, etc.  This doesn’t solve the problem but when there’s less tags in the artist list you have a higher percentage of landing on what you want and WINNING!!!

Ahhh… the next step on the road to being a master user is to then find disparate artists that share the same genre tag.  Realize that no master player has ever managed to scroll through the song pane to the genre pane.  Upon deep regular meditation in the full lotus position you will realize, grasshopper, that genre tags may be placed in the artist names and those artists may be placed in the albums tag!  In this way the artist list is reduced further as genres appear it in and you can drill down into artists (instead of albums).  Certainly the album art is now confusing but you have evolved to a higher level of Sansa Fuze+ Master.

The final level is to commune with fellow Sansa Fuze+ Masters, linking thoughts in positive synergy to try and influence a product manager at Sansa to read this forum or for the Rockbox team to make solid progress.  Oh, grasshopper… do not fail in your duties and neglect the bi monthly ritual of the fruitless firmware update.  Faith in the ritual will increase the Karma and the energy will channel to the Rockbox team.

throw all your music on either the internal memory or the SD card and your slowness will dissapear according to some reports (haven’t tried no SD card and not big  library)

I trust that the next update will ensure that podcasts will be ordered by track number first.  Currently they are ordered by title, which is completely absurd as the titles bear no relevance to the order in which they are to be used.

@joelikatz wrote:

I trust that the next update will ensure that podcasts will be ordered by track number first.  Currently they are ordered by title, which is completely absurd as the titles bear no relevance to the order in which they are to be used.

ACK!

I’m one of the two people who seemed to like the old lock system better than the new one.

Is there any chance that a future firmware release could give users the option of which lock method they want to use?

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

I’m one of the two people who seemed to like the old lock system better than the new one.

 

Is there any chance that a future firmware release could give users the option of which lock method they want to use?

Smiley

The screen doesn’t seem to ever turn off while the Fuze+ is charging via USB.  I’m on firmware 02.37.01A.  Is there any chance this could be remedied in the next firmware update?

Thanks.

why is it bad that it doesn’t turn off?

those little lcd screens don’t last forever and for someone who plugs the fuze+ in overnight every night (rather than the hour or so it might take to fully charge), that is significantly increasing the screen’s working hours over time.

It seems… cheap that this hasn’t been addressed already.  Every other USB charged product (cellphones) I’ve ever used shuts the lcd off after a few seconds of being plugged in and not accessed.

@heavy wrote:

those little lcd screens don’t last forever and for someone who plugs the fuze+ in overnight every night (rather than the hour or so it might take to fully charge), that is significantly increasing the screen’s working hours over time.

 

It seems… cheap that this hasn’t been addressed already.  Every other USB charged product (cellphones) I’ve ever used shuts the lcd off after a few seconds of being plugged in and not accessed.

 

 

The Fuze, Clip, and Clip+ screens always shut off after a while of being plugged in to USB…after one hour, I believe. I’d imagine the Fuze+ would behave in a similar manner. A workaround for this with the older models was to use a wall charger, which is always what I’ve done.

@marvin_martian wrote:


@heavy wrote:

those little lcd screens don’t last forever and for someone who plugs the fuze+ in overnight every night (rather than the hour or so it might take to fully charge), that is significantly increasing the screen’s working hours over time.

 

It seems… cheap that this hasn’t been addressed already.  Every other USB charged product (cellphones) I’ve ever used shuts the lcd off after a few seconds of being plugged in and not accessed.

 

 


The Fuze, Clip, and Clip+ screens always shut off after a while of being plugged in to USB…after one hour, I believe. I’d imagine the Fuze+ would behave in a similar manner. A workaround for this with the older models was to use a wall charger, which is always what I’ve done.

I plugged in my Fuze+ 8gig at 6:00 this morning and it is now 12:40 and it’s still on.  I think at the six-hour mark we can assume it stays on indefinitely. 

Also, a workaround that requires one to purchase extra equipment is hardly a workaround.  There’s also no guarantee that it would even work with the Fuze+.

@heavy wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:


@heavy wrote:

those little lcd screens don’t last forever and for someone who plugs the fuze+ in overnight every night (rather than the hour or so it might take to fully charge), that is significantly increasing the screen’s working hours over time.

 

It seems… cheap that this hasn’t been addressed already.  Every other USB charged product (cellphones) I’ve ever used shuts the lcd off after a few seconds of being plugged in and not accessed.

 

 


The Fuze, Clip, and Clip+ screens always shut off after a while of being plugged in to USB…after one hour, I believe. I’d imagine the Fuze+ would behave in a similar manner. A workaround for this with the older models was to use a wall charger, which is always what I’ve done.


I plugged in my Fuze+ 8gig at 6:00 this morning and it is now 12:40 and it’s still on.  I think at the six-hour mark we can assume it stays on indefinitely. 

 

Also, a workaround that requires one to purchase extra equipment is hardly a workaround.  There’s also no guarantee that it would even work with the Fuze+.

Well, if it is still on after six hours, then I’ll add that to the list of reasons I think the Fuze+ is a fail.:wink:

Thank you SanDisk for making such an awesome mp3 player.

I have one suggestion. I think someone said about font sizes … well how about adding your own font?

Also, please add a toggle off/on for the internal/external mp3 symbol.

I think there are MANY more important things than fonts!!

I use my Fuze+ at work and in my car all the time.

I would like to see the option of having the song info in the area where it shows the album art. I have no need to see the album art in most cases and would like to see the song info larger.

Anyway this could be done?

Rather than even offering a “Recently Played” selection, offer a “recently interrupted” list.  This way it’ll be easier to pick up where you leave off on a playlist, album, audiobook, podcast, or whatever.

I find the “recently played” list quite useless.  Does anyone find it helpful?

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

Rather than even offering a “Recently Played” selection, offer a “recently interrupted” list.  This way it’ll be easier to pick up where you leave off on a playlist, album, audiobook, podcast, or whatever.

 

I find the “recently played” list quite useless.  Does anyone find it helpful?

I recently discovered that what I thought was a bug is in fact the function of the “recently played” list.  Why on earth the Fuze+ defaults to replaying in reverse order what you just listened to is beyond me.  The functionality should be either to start where you were when last listening and continue on in the album/playlist/audiobook/podcast or to replay the recently played list from the beginning.

Also, it should not be the default function of the player upon start-up.  When you turn on your player and press “Play”, how often does anyone want to listen to exactly what you were listening to before?  That is ludicrous.

Can you Add a Sub Menu to retrive individual File info like you have on the Older Sansa Fuze Thumbwheel! Or if you do How do you do it?

It would be great if the Fuze+ was capable of logging tracks played for upload to Audioscrobbler.

Also, I’d like to add a +1 to getting the white border removed around album covers that aren’t perfectly square.  It’s a bit ridiculous  that the Fuze+ can’t deal appropriately with images like that.