Fuze dies when docked with Altec Lansing inMotion iM413

Shortly after upgrading to 1.01.15A, my Fuze has begun to die when docked with the iM413.

It mostly happens when activating pause, but it also occurs randomly.

The Fuze requires a “soft reset” to bring it “back to life”.:cry:

Addendum…bump…

The Fuze worked fine with the dock using the previous firmware. Is there any way to go back to firmware previous to 1.01.15A?

A downgrade of sorts???

Any input, even a wildly irresponsible guess would be welcome.

Thanks,

->Jeff 

Most say you can go back to the previous firmware 01.01.11. I would do a manual install of the previous firmware.  That was a question I had asked a while back. I never did upgrade my firmware. I’m going to wait till the next release and see if it will be more useful for me… I’m still happy with 01.01.11a .Not sure about your dock though…If it does not list Sansa Fuze I would not use it…I own the Griffin Power Dock made for Sansa that works well with the fuze… George 

Message Edited by George-W on 11-11-2008 09:33 AM

FYI George, I’m reasonably sure that the Altec Lansing im413 is one of only two(that I’ve seen) (both from Altec Lansing) that ARE designed for the Fuze.

I’ve seen a couple of posts about this issue, but my im413 seems to be fine, and I have already downloaded the latest firmware.

I think someone said in a previous post that tha firmware has nothing to do with the dock. But if this is true, why do Altec Lansings instructions firmly advice downloading the latest firmware before initial power-up?

I am quite happy with my im413 by the way. Works excellently!

OOPS…when I paused, the FUZE hosed…bummer! I guess I will be downgrading my firmware.

ickster,

Thanks! I knew there was not many docks for the Fuze and glad you confirmed that this was one of the  unit’s that work with the Fuze… Are you saying Altec Lansing im413 states that there product should be updated with the latest firmware? If so i wonder if that is the issue the other user is having.  Hope all this talk help!!  George

ickster, Sorry to hear that!! At least we now know the cause…  Hope all works out for you both!! George

Altec Lansing sez that the FUZE needs current firmware…no firmware in dock.

ickster,

Thanks for clearing that up! Understood!  George

OK, it must be an intermitent thing, I cannot duplicate it. Pause seems to be fine now…go figure.

@jeffjanis wrote:

Addendum…bump…

The Fuze worked fine with the dock using the previous firmware. Is there any way to go back to firmware previous to 1.01.15A?

A downgrade of sorts???

Any input, even a wildly irresponsible guess would be welcome.

Thanks,

->Jeff 

Jeff -

If you want to try and ‘back-date’ your firmware to see if the problem corrects itself, here is a link to a post with the .11 f/w version. There are instructions for installing it manually.

Please post back and let us know whether this works for you or not. It will be beneficial for SanDisk and the forum community to know one way or the other whether this problem you are experiencing with your LA iM413 dock is caused by the .15 firmware release or something un-related. :smiley:

Hello all,

Thanks for the input and confirmation that I’m not alone on this.

Will try to “back-date” the firmware when I get a chance and will post a follow-up accordingly.

Thanks again to everyone,

->Jeff