Fuze and ben Folds Way to normal

I am having problems with my Fuze and Ben Folds new cd, Way to Normal. I have every other ben Folds CD synched onto my Fuze with no problems including several Itunes downloads, but for some odd reason, Way to Normal doesn’t want to work with my Fuze. I’ve played with it countless times and I can’t get it to work. I ripped the CD using Windows Media Player, then synched it with Windows Media Player (i’ve also tried copying the files directly and that didn’t work either). Before I did the Firmware Update (hoping that would solve the problem), my fuze kept telling me that I needed to hook it up to my computer again to renew my subscription, but I have no subscription… I didn’t download the CD in anyway! I own the actual CD (in fact, I have the deluxe edition with the CD and DVD). I’ve tried everything I can think of short of formating my Fuze (which I do not want to do by any means especially since I don’t think that will work). I’ve had no problems with any other CD. Can anyone help me to figure out how to get this CD to work? Please?

Ah, the simple pleasures of DRM and WiMP.

In Windows Media Player, try reripping your CD as MP3, to avoid the wma audio / DRM / protection issue.  At the very least, turn Copy Protection OFF.

As a simple rule of thumb, if it takes 20-plus seconds per track to transfer to the Fuze, you’re dealing with an embedded leaf license and WMDRM.  As an unprotected MP3, the tracks will fly over to your device.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks… Tried that, it didn’t work. I have no copy protection on the files (I’ve triple checked that) and I’ve tried well everything I can think of. it’s still not working.

I’d try some other program to create the MP3s from the CD. CDEX works well.