Fuse stop being recognized

After about two weeks my 8gb Fuse stopped being recognized.  I used drag-and-drop to load music.  It was working fine until now.  I went to load some new music on and when I plugged it in the computer didn’t recognize.  It was charging.  Tried different USB port still nothing.  The latest firmware was installed when I got the device two weeks ago. I set the USB mode to MSC instead of auto, no help there.  I tried formatting, but didn’t do any good.  I tried it on a different computer still not being recognized.  I switched to the Fuse when my “what you call it” died and was very happy with it, but now I’m not so sure.

Reset the device by sliding the power switch to the ON position, and hold it there for 20 seconds.  This will perform a soft reset of the Fuze.  Then try plugging in as usual.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Reset the device by sliding the power switch to the ON position, and hold it there for 20 seconds.  This will perform a soft reset of the Fuze.  Then try plugging in as usual

Bob,

I gave the soft reset a try, but it didn’t work.

Thanks for responding,

John

Me too!  And the “soft reset” did not work here either.  Help?!?

Rachel

Okay,   I was a touch impatient back there.  Here is what worked for me…maybe it will work for you too?  My computer decided to dump the driver for the device.  Once I went to “my computer” on the desktop, then “manage” and picked the device manager? or drivers something or other…I hope you know what I mean.  Anyhow…the big, yellow exclamation point under “Fuze” is a hint that things aren’t happy in driver-ville.  So follow the bouncing ball and voila!  Working Fuze…audio books downloaded for hubby and I’m tired and off to bed.  :)  I do hope that my ramblings were worth it for someone else.

Signed…Success! 

buy another USB CABLE

i have the same issue

i have 3 sansa fuzes (mine my aunts and my sisters) i tryed the soft reset on all of them and tryed all 3 usb cables that we have and i even tryed plugging it in the other usb port on my computer

still nothing

its annoying me because it seems like it isnt charging either

Trying to establish a connection, when the Sansa sees data on the USB line, it will forget to charge.

Open the Device Manager on the PC via [Windows key] + [pause / break], or Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager.  Be sure to plug in the Sansa.

The Sansa will be listed under “portable devices” if it’s in MTP mode, or go to the bottom of the list to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, then expand that to look at the USB Root Hub.

Look for the yellow triangle if it’s available.

Right click on the Sansa, and select uninstall , then unplug, and plug in again.  Windows should reinstall the device driver.

If you need MTP mode, be sure to update Windows Media Player, as this mode is supported solely by WiMP 10 and 11.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

having the exact same problem, only when I try to uninstall the driver, the “portable devices” selection only appears for a few seconds after I plug in my fuze before disappearing.

XP SP3

WMP 11

@musicz wrote:

having the exact same problem, only when I try to uninstall the driver, the “portable devices” selection only appears for a few seconds after I plug in my fuze before disappearing.

XP SP3

WMP 11

have you already tried plugging it in MSC mode? And, just to point things out, the usb cord is entirely NOT THE PROBLEM. Also, what firmware version do you have?

It seems that the 8GB version of the Fuze is the version with the most problems on the forum, I’m not saying that the 8GB version should be avoided, but the 4GB (which yes, runs into problems) and there’s barely been anything wrong with the 2GB version. What gives?

I had the same problem.  As soon as i connected in MSC mode it worked.  To get into MSC mode go to Settings> System settings> USB mode> MSC