Frimware upgrade

Frimware upgrade in progress seems to be frozen on screen can anyone help?

If you are un-hooked from the computer, push & hold the sliding power switch up for 25 - 20 seconds. Release & then power up as ususal. Go to the Info screen to see if the f/w upgrade took. If not, go through it again.

If your player is still connected to the computer, click on the icon in the System tray and select Safely Disconnect Device. Then un-plug and follow advice above.

If you are un-hooked from the computer, push & hold the sliding power switch up for 15 - 20 seconds. Release & then power up as ususal. Go to the Info screen to see if the f/w upgrade took. If not, go through it again.

If your player is still connected to the computer, click on the icon in the System tray and select Safely Disconnect Device. Then un-plug and follow advice above.

I tried the fix still comes up with Firmware upgrade in progress, will not do anything else when it is not connected to the computer. When it is connected from shut down it shows battery charging and if I have audible Manager up it shows some of what is loaded. When I disconnect it, it still comes up with the firmware message and I can not go any where else. Any other suggestions?

How long did you wait? The firmware update can take a few minutes.

mbarr-

Did you download the correct firmware version for your device?  It’s important that the file is first “unzipped” and then placed in the root directory of the device, not inside any of the folders there.

If you got a  “firmware upgrade in progress” message, it sounds like a valid firmware binary file was in the root directory, in order for the Fuze to accept it.

You have a few possibilities, so let’s try the simplest first.  Load a new copy of the firmware and try again.

If no success, format the device from the computer.  Select FAT32, and do not use the “quick format” option.  SImply right click on the device in WIndows Explorer (My Computer) and select Format.  Remember, this deletes all media from the device.

Try powering up after this Format.  If all is normal (no message), go to Settings > System Settings > Info and see if the current firmware build is identified.

If it looks normal (make a note of the number for future reference), go to Format > YES.  Formatting from the device this last time will assure that you have proper 32KB allocation clusters, which is optimal for the Fuze.

If it still twinked out on you, during the check after formatting, reinstall the firmware again.  Starting with a clear slate may help.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Bob

Thanks had to format everything worked great was able to load the latest firmware upgrade.:smileyvery-happy: