Former E200 user needs some questions answered

Hello!

I’ve been using the Sansa E200 (2GB model) for the past year or so and it has been a great little mp3 player. However, after a lot of abuse it isn’t in the best shape and I decided to get me a Sansa Clip (8GB) as a replacement because I don’t need the video function anyway and, as I read , the sound quality seems to be awesome on it. Now, after browsing the forums here a bit (My Sansa Clip arrives tomorrow, but anticipation is forcing me to browse the internet and read articles about it etc.) I am confused. I readstuff about RAM limitations, 50 Track GoList, no FolderView etc. So what I am wondering right now is if I’ll be able to use the Sansa Clip the same way I used the E200? Because, most of the time, I simply tend to select music and play all tracks I’ve put on the device (With shuffle on). Is that still possible? Or playing tracks of a specific artist only. Will that be possible when I get my Clip tomorrow or will I have to get used to a different way of playing my music :(? 

Thanks in advance!

You’ll find that the Clip’s interface is very similar to the e200.  You’ll acclaimate to the wee OLED display easily, and scrolling is very fast and simple, despite the three line resolution.

The hardest part to get used to, is the battery life, and sound quality, from a wee device that’s the size of an old school matchbook!

Should you run into any issues, the gang is here, and many of us are die hard e200 fans too.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@sentinel wrote:

Hello!

I’ve been using the Sansa E200 (2GB model) for the past year or so and it has been a great little mp3 player. However, after a lot of abuse it isn’t in the best shape and I decided to get me a Sansa Clip (8GB) as a replacement because I don’t need the video function anyway and, as I read , the sound quality seems to be awesome on it. Now, after browsing the forums here a bit (My Sansa Clip arrives tomorrow, but anticipation is forcing me to browse the internet and read articles about it etc.) I am confused. I readstuff about RAM limitations, 50 Track GoList, no FolderView etc. So what I am wondering right now is if I’ll be able to use the Sansa Clip the same way I used the E200? Because, most of the time, I simply tend to select music and play all tracks I’ve put on the device (With shuffle on). Is that still possible? Or playing tracks of a specific artist only. Will that be possible when I get my Clip tomorrow or will I have to get used to a different way of playing my music :(? 

Thanks in advance!

The Clip will let you shuffle all tracks, shuffle one artist, shuffle one album…quite user-friendly. The GoList is a “playlist” that you create on the player…so don’t worry about that. Folder View ,the way you describe your listening habits,probably won’t matter to you. There appears to be a limit of 4,120 accessible files, but my personal library is 16.5 GB and I’m not at 4,000, so all in all I think you’ll enjoy your new toy (I’m jealous…my Fuze is at 12gb, but my Clip is only a 2gb) :smiley:

Haha, yeah. I am still a bit impressed that a device that is supposed to be as big as my thumb can last for 15 hours and produce a better sound quality than any other mp3 player I’ve owned so far. Can’t wait till tomorrow, really anxious for my Clip.

Once you get the feel for the Clip, beware:

These Sansa are quite addictive.

The Fuze has the feel of the new Clip, but the control wheel rotates as well, as a scroll wheel.  It does everything the e200 did, only better.  Well, they did mount the screen at a funny angle, for video.  And the Fuze sports the same incredible sound as the Clip.

The only thing I’d have done differently is a hybrid scroll wheel (Fuze style) on the classic e200 body.  That would have been interesting indeed.

It’s fun, anticipating the delivery, waiting for the truck to arrive, makes you feel like a kid again.  Enjoy your upcoming toy!!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@marvin_martian wrote:

The Clip will let you shuffle all tracks, shuffle one artist, shuffle one album…quite user-friendly. The GoList is a “playlist” that you create on the player…so don’t worry about that. Folder View ,the way you describe your listening habits,probably won’t matter to you. There appears to be a limit of 4,120 accessible files, but my personal library is 16.5 GB and I’m not at 4,000, so all in all I think you’ll enjoy your new toy (I’m jealous…my Fuze is at 12gb, but my Clip is only a 2gb) :smiley:

I forgot…it lets you shuffle genre too:smiley:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Once you get the feel for the Clip, beware:

These Sansa are quite addictive.

Indeed.

My first Sansa – a modest 2GB c250 – spends most of its time perched in the dock of my Timex/Sansa clock radio, where it plays audiobooks that I put on MicroSD cards. (It spends the rest of its time in a Griffin armband.)  My “big” Clip (4GB) will serve as a repository for the Pink Floyd studio album box set.  My e260 and e280 are multi-purpose wasted-time-wasters <g> (watching old “golden age” television shows while killing time in doctors office waiting rooms, etc.) – and, my “main” Clip (black, 2GB) is my general-purpose “always there” shirt-pocket resident.  Music, audiobooks, radio – it’s small, light, unobtrusive, and therefore incredibly handy.  Also nice to be able to record an hour or two of “ambient” when the need arises (great to keep running when shopping for a “new” used car – just think out loud as you examine it, read out the VIN, and so forth, and then go home and work with your notes.  A million times easier – and better – than trying to phyiscally jot notes down in real time.

Then there are the ten-dollar/1GB “cheap” Clips – great spare parts repositories.  A replacement battery, display, clip, “window”, switches, etc., for only ten bucks!  Wow!