folder select - weird #s in artists name

Just upgraded my firmware because of the options to select “folders” under the Music category.

now when i transfer folders about half are being named w/ some weird numbering system before the Artist’s name such as D0030000 beck -one foot in the grave   this now puts Beck w/ the D’s and is out of order.  Not sure what to do about this b/c it doesnt show up that way in the album view when i transfer the music.  Any idea?

When you transfer files (or sync with Windows MediaPlayer) using MTP mode (stupid Microsoft nonsense) it will often alter the folder and/or file names by sticking weird numbers on the front of them. That’s just the stupid way Microsoft’s MTP mode works.

If you were using MSC mode to connect then you would not have that problem (or many of the other problems MTP creates).

connected under MSC and it worked great!  thanks again!  loving my Sansa now…

@3hitsaday wrote:
connected under MSC and it worked great!  thanks again!  loving my Sansa now…

I forgot to mention… when you connect in MSC mode you will not be able to see the files (with your computer) that were put onto the device in MTP mode. Likewise, any files you put on in MSC mode you will not be able to see (with your computer) if you connect in MTP mode.

The Fuze itself, of course, can see all the files regardless of which mode was used to put them onto it.

About the only time you would really need to use MTP mode is if you have DRM crippled files.