FM Audio Dies and only 'format' command brings it back!

I lost the FM audio on my unit 3 days after getting it.  The audio for ‘music’ continued to work fine. I tried a ‘hard’ reset and downloaded the latest firmware.  No luck!  TigerDirect exchanged the unit and the same problem occurred on the new unit.  Only this time I used the ‘format’ function………guess what?..the audio came back on the FM!  The only problem is that this problem seems to recur.  I want SanDiskto know about this.  I hope to hear from you………perhaps another firmware change is needed.  This is pretty frustrating.

This would probably be more helpful if it was posted in the suggestions forums??

Hello gkoff,

I share your pain. I am having the exact same issue with my Express. I’ve had to format and reload my Express three times in the last month to get the FM back. Here’s hoping for a firmware upgrade to correct the issue.

I am in the process of buying a player for my girlfriend and I was very close to getting her an Express before this started happening. No way I’ll get her one of these now. She won’t have the patience to deal with it.

Misery loves company, eh?