first time battery charging

Hi all

Bought a Clip Plus brand new yesterday.I’ve been trying to charge it thru a USB port on my laptop.It has now been 6 hours and it still does not appear to have charged.

The display shows a blue headphone symbol with the yellow battery indicator and the word ‘music’. The display ‘refreshes’ every 5 seconds,which I assume means it is still charging.

I read that charge time for a new battery is 3 to 4 hours.What am I doing wrong?

It might not be you. My first clip+ refused to charge. If the package stays to long on the shelf, the battery goes dead/flat and can’t be charged. I took it back to the store, got a replacement and had no problem. I bought a 2nd clip+ because I liked the player so much and had no problem charging it from new.

@scar3141 wrote:

The display shows a blue headphone symbol with the yellow battery indicator and the word ‘music’.

That is a protective screen sticker to precent scratches during manufacture, packaging and shipping. Peel it off. There should be a small tab (usually in the upper right corner) to get it started.

Once you can see the ‘real’ screen, I think if you go to Settings > System Settings > Info and scroll down you’ll find the battery level is pretty much at 100%. :wink:

Plug in the laptop before connecting the player. On battery power most laptops drastically cut the power to the usb ports, and in the low power mode there likely won’t be enough power to charge the player. Check the power settings for the laptop and make sure that it gives full power to the usb ports when the laptop is plugged in.

By the way, I think this is also covered at the user guide.