Firmwire Idea

Right now there are 2 options for press and hold, Add to Go list, and rate song, I have an Idea for a future firmwire, A delete song option. So you can choose to add to go list, rate song or have a quick delete option. Anybody else think this would be good?

There’s already a DELETE SONG function. You press the down (v) or submenu button (6 o’clock on the scroll wheel). :wink:

I know… I just Deleted 100 songs that way, I was suggesting that possibly could be an option for press and hold.

I don’t know, I might press and hold and delete all my songs :stuck_out_tongue: 

But there should be a faster or better way of deleting more then one song or podcast at a time… with the length of time it takes.  If it was quicker, that might be better.

@dalaug234 wrote:

I don’t know, I might press and hold and delete all my songs :stuck_out_tongue: 

But there should be a faster or better way of deleting more then one song or podcast at a time… with the length of time it takes.  If it was quicker, that might be better.

I haven’t played around with it yet, but didn’t the last f/w update include being able to delete an entire album at a time, rather than 1 song at a time? Or am I confusing that with the ability to add an entire album to the GoList in one fell swoop?

I dont see that capability. but that would be cool.

Nope, I was remembering it wrong. It was adding to the GoList.

From the Firmware Update post:

Enhancements
• Accelerating Scroll wheel speed during navigation
• File cursor position saved for last played file of each Audiobook
• GoList expanded to 200 tracks
• Add entire Artist or Album to GoList with press and hold during navigation
• Support Disc Number ID3 Tags for Sorting Multi Disc collections

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 12-31-2008 10:10 AM

@tapeworm wrote:

Enhancements

Sounds to play with on/off screens

More options for press and hold

More Color Options for Background (I want Red)

Increase on Recently added to 100 songs

And This one is one I just thought of… Shorter intervals on Sleep, and Powersaver options. (5 minutes)

@tapeworm wrote:

Enhancements

Sounds to play with on/off screens

More options for press and hold

More Color Options for Background (I want Red)

Increase on Recently added to 100 songs

And This one is one I just thought of… Shorter intervals on Sleep, and Powersaver options. (5 minutes)

Conversion Box

Now, me, I have this weird thing where the Fuze freezes and locks up every time I delete a video, every time, and its annoying the daylights out of me.   I have to reset it with the power button trick.

And even then there is no guarantee that the video will be erased, it will still show in the list but will be unplayable.  So I have to take out the SD card and force it to update the DB.

Deleting videos is slow.  Deleting them off the SD card is even slower.  Are you sure you’re giving it enough time to complete?

I mean the screen goes pure white and stays that way.  No responses to any button pushes at all so I reset it.   Now I did just reformat the Fuze and reload it and it seems to be acting fine now it deletes my vids and comes back to the menu pretty quickly so maybe it was just a glitch of that load I had in it, I dont know.