Firmware Wishlist

There’s too many posts in this thread, so if I repeat someone else’s feature request, please excuse me.

I with that the middle button on the player could do more than just toggle between the track progress indicator and that visualization thing (which is quite useless imho). Pressing the middle button multiple times during playback could loop through a few useful screens, such as progress bar, total track length, rating, clock etc.

What do you think of that?

Thanks,

Eugene.

Absolutely agree.  Also, perhaps a long center press could be devoted to the clock–would be very handy. 

I do wonder if there is enough memory in the Clip+ for this, though–that seems to have been a past restriction.

Capturing play count & date of play.   I’m a podcast guy and miss this feature after switching from my iPod.    Is this something that could get done via a firmware update?

njd wrote: 

I would suggest:

1. Improve estimation of battery charge level.
  2. FM Radio: allow lower volume levels (I perceive no change below about 45% until I get down to zero)

Tapeworm wrote:

I’ve noticed this too

=====================

Me too, as have many others. I’m adding my (redundant) request for fixing #2 to “turn up the volume” on this issue so hopefully the Sandisk f/w engineers will understand this is a must-fix problem.  

Message Edited by mihacurt on 02-21-2010 09:57 AM

@bpkengor wrote:
Capturing play count & date of play.   I’m a podcast guy and miss this feature after switching from my iPod.    Is this something that could get done via a firmware update?

This is something they never implemented on the original clip or fuze.  I got used to it eventually (actually now I prefer it because I got a bit OCD over my top 100), but I did miss it.  I wouldn’t hold your breath for them to add this to the clip+.

My wishes:

1. When playing by Folders would be a convenient automatic transition to the next folder after playing the last song.
  2. In the menu item Music paragraph “Folders” hidden from the eyes(at the end of list), although this method of navigation is much more convenient than, for example, by genre.
    3)It was nice to see support for CUE files for albums recorded in the form image.flac+CUE.

@alex302 wrote:

My wishes:

1. When playing by Folders would be a convenient automatic transition to the next folder after playing the last song.
  2. In the menu item Music paragraph “Folders” hidden from the eyes(at the end of list), although this method of navigation is much more convenient than, for example, by genre.
    3)It was nice to see support for CUE files for albums recorded in the form image.flac+CUE.

I think I would prefer it if #1 was a setting as some people may not want to go to the next folder everytime, myself included.

#2 - folders are actually one of the easiest to get to - from the main menu it’s only 3 clicks of a button.

Agree about #1 as setting.
Who decides what the ideas to be implemented?

@alex302 wrote:
Agree about #1 as setting.
Who decides what the ideas to be implemented?

Sandisk do… I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for it lol

“You can if you use a power only cable. I have some of these that came with external battery packs I bought.”

Thanks for the tip, I will get me one. 

I like the automatical bookmark feature for audiobooks, especially because it handles several audiobooks at once. But when recently I added a new audiobook, all bookmarks for the other ones were gone. I trusted in them and so I had a hard time to find my positions again.

So my wish would be:

Please save the bookmarks (last listened file of an audiobook and the position) even if the database is updated. I know this is not a trivial wish. But there should be no reason why I would want to NOT add new files to my clip, and loosening my bookmarks is a strong one. 

Another wish: equalizer at audiobooks! (some of my audiobooks are very bad-equalized, and I don’t like to equalize on my computer)