Firmware update problems and other issues

@mena wrote:

Hallo out there

I am currently in Germany

I bought my ClipZip in the uk before I left

I am expriencing a number of problems with my Zip

Please help if you can

1. When I drag music on to the player althow it shows up on the computer that it is on the player now, it will not actually show up on the player itself

When you look through the menus (Artist, Album, etc.) on the player, the information displayed actually comes from the ID3 tag of the music files. If the tags are missing, or in the wrong format, that information cannot be read, and therefore will appear as ‘missing’. If you have an artist listed as ‘Unknown’, this is where you’ll find your ‘missing’ music.

2 choices: Create/edit or otherwise ‘fix’ your tags or scroll down in the Music menu until you come to Folders. Select this and you can navigate through your files just as on your computer.

1. There are some SANSA  filenames like FM or Recorded that will show up on the computer as part of the players menu - but do not actually exist on the Zip itself

These are folders where your FM and/or Voice recording get stored, should you record anything. I don’t have my Zip in front of me at the moment and never record anything, but there should be a Recordings main menu screen if memory serves.

1. The updater will not finish to install itself. It always tells me THE INSTALLATION FAILED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER. 

The Updater is problematic and a resource hog on your system. Most advise against installing or using it. You can download and extract the firmware update here, and simply follow the manual installation directions. It’s easy and actually takes less time than fiddling with the Updater.

1. Rhapsody says it will not work in Germany IT IS RESTRICTED BY MY IP ADDRESS. Is there any other software for sansa that can be used like rhapsody?

Rhapsody is a “pay-to-play” music service. I don’t know if there are any similar services in Germany or not, but you can always rip your own CD’s and put them on your player. Or maybe those of your friends?

I am a sansa newbie so perhaps there is something major I have missed

I have had a number of other players in the past

Thanks for all your help

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any other questions you have. There’s also a lot of information already here; most questions newbies come up with have already been answered, in some cases numerous times. A couple keywords of what you’re looking for in the Search box can quickly find these for you too. :wink: