[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

I wonder if Sandisk have any intention to implement fast enough “fast forward”. I can not believe that fact that Sandisk does not fix such a simple problem. I don’t think implementing accelerating forward or something like that is hard at all. It is quite a disappointment. 

They still can’t get the rewind to work reliably, that’s another simple/basic function on a media player that should work regardless.

Can someone tell me why i cant update?

I have the updater installed and it does nothing when View is connected. Anyone know why? I have tried opening it manually by going to Program Files etc. and it just opens a folder full of different languages.

I have downloaded the zip f update but i cant find out where the Root Directory is, can anyone tell me?

The root directory is after you open the click on the “internal memory”, that is the root. You’ll see all the folders for music, pictures, video… Drag the 5 files to there and then unplug, let it install.

I do worn you, I just went back to 01.01.06 so that my player wouldn’t take 10min to start up.

I have a 8gb view with a 8gb sandisk card and with latest 2 firmware updates there were times it wouldn’t even come off of the sandisk screen or at least take ten minutes! 

Here I thought I didn’t want a IPod, now I know I should have paid the extra for one. At least their products work, just hate ITunes.  

I emailed customer service with a reminder that the most recent (now several months old) firmware did not fix some of the problems that have persisted since the View was released.

Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical support.

We would like to thank you for pointing this out to our attention. We have already forwarded this information to the proper personnel for review.

As of now, we cannot give you any precise answer concerning the matter you have presented but rest assured that the assigned department will greatly consider it for our product improvement.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,

 

Not too reassuring.

@craigp wrote:

I emailed customer service with a reminder that the most recent (now several months old) firmware did not fix some of the problems that have persisted since the View was released.

 

Here is their reply:

 

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical support.

We would like to thank you for pointing this out to our attention. We have already forwarded this information to the proper personnel for review.

As of now, we cannot give you any precise answer concerning the matter you have presented but rest assured that the assigned department will greatly consider it for our product improvement.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,

 

 

Not too reassuring.

 

I realize the phrase du jour is that the View is a “mature” product.  Common sense suggests we’ll never see another firmware update, and if we do, it won’t have the bells and whistles that other units (e.g., the Clip) are getting.  Still the fact that the View is prominently placed on the Sansa product website suggests either (a) they are hoping to shamelessly dump a unit they have no desire to support, or (b) it is still in their product cycle, and is just getting less development/support attention then the other units.  

Call me a fool, but I’m still hoping for option B.

-Matt

@sansamatt wrote:

 

I realize the phrase du jour is that the View is a “mature” product.  Common sense suggests we’ll never see another firmware update, and if we do, it won’t have the bells and whistles that other units (e.g., the Clip) are getting.  Still the fact that the View is prominently placed on the Sansa product website suggests either (a) they are hoping to shamelessly dump a unit they have no desire to support, or (b) it is still in their product cycle, and is just getting less development/support attention then the other units.  

Call me a fool, but I’m still hoping for option B.

 

-Matt

When was the last time you saw someone from Sansa on this forum… They used to reply with useful info every day or so in the beginning. I say that tells a lot…

V

@vroom wrote:

When was the last time you saw someone from Sansa on this forum… They used to reply with useful info every day or so in the beginning. I say that tells a lot…

 V

I completely agree.  I started out a Clip owner, and got my first impression of this forum on the Clip side.  Too bad the Sansa man is so easy to spot over there, and never to be found here…

-Matt

How the hell is the View a “mature product”? I have dairy products that are older than that.

:smileyvery-happy:

I think it is mature because they realized they can’t actually fix it with a firmware update. 

They can. Or at least they can help with the Rockbox project. (so can you:wink:)

Take it easy, time is money and since the web has been so kind to inform its viewers in the last few months with the news of Sandisk being in the process of being bought you should just wait patiently. Sandisk has not really said anything on the matter.  Remember that good things come to those who wait, and if your desperatly in need of new firmware, go help out at rockbox. I have latest firmware and i have no problems, i never did. No freezing, no shuffle problems, computer always detects it etc. and with wraparound file viewing being added soon, its looking ok.

how do you know that wraparound will be added soon? oO

@specnaz01 wrote:
how do you know that wraparound will be added soon? oO

And let me add:  after you answer that question, can you also point us to the acquisition news?  I have a vague feeling that I read something somewhere, but a 5-minute google search turned up nothing (except that Sandisk has some interesting new SSD technology coming down the pike).  :frowning:

-Matt

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/349/C16101/

Here’s a story I found, with a very telling picture.

Thanks Zach!  I’m having that “OH YEAH!” feeling.  Samsung…right…  Now where did I see it…?

-Matt

I really wish for a FOLDER VIEW in the next release.  I had an E260 with Rockbox on it just so I could have folder views on it.  I can’t find any of my music on this view at all and whenever they release rockbox for this I’m definitely switching to that unless the Sansa View can finally figure out how to make it work.  I don’t have time to memorize every song or artist to figure out what I want to listen to and some days I feel like listening to certain types of music but since the SANSA MASHES ALL SONGS TOGETHER I’ll never find what I want and end up skipping 10 songs for every 1 that I want to listen to at that time.

In MTP mode, you can easily make playlists out of your folders in Windows. Once connected, go to your music folder, right click on the folder. In the context menu that appears, choose “create playlist”. A file named “New Playlist.pla” will appear. Name it what you want (that name will appear in your playlist section on the View), and place it in the playlist folder. You can then double click on the .pla files to open a simple playlist editor. You can dragg other files to it, change the song order, etc.

One other way of getting around you problem is to edit the “Genre” tag on your MP3s so that one type of music always has the same “genre” name. That way, if you want to listen to a certain type of music, it will be in the Genres section.

When I first got the View, I was longing for a folder view just like you. I think that is because we are simply used to working like that, not because it is better. Once you get used to it, the View has many good way of organizing your music.

V. 

Since loading this overtime I pause while listening to a book it turns off and reverts back to where I started listening since I turned it on that time.  Is there a way to revert back to the previous firm ware?