SanDisk has just released the 01.01.12 firmware revision for the Sansa Express. Download links and the release notes are available below.
We suggest you update the firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is also a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the Sansa Firmware Updater does not work for you, feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps described below.
Sansa Express Firmware | Instructions | Release Notes
Latest: 01.01.12 (As of November, 2008)
New Sansa Firmware Updater (Windows Version Only) -
The latest Sansa Firmware Updater will update the Sansa Express to the latest firmware. If you do not have the Sansa Firmware Updater it can be downloaded here: [Download Sansa Firmware Updater
::: Firmware :::
The 01.01.12 firmware is the latest release as of November, 2008 for the Sansa Express. Firmware and release notes are available below.
- Unzip the files to your Desktop.
- You’ll see a file called “StMp3Rec.sys”, move this to “C:\windows\system32\drivers”. If you already have this driver, no need to overwrite the files. You should also see another folder, this is the firmware update folder.
Back everything up on your device. The firmware update may delete your files!
- Press and hold the (-) volume button while plugging in device to PC. This may take a couple of tries, but eventually it connects with a drive letter instead of the “Sansa Express”.
- If there’s message asking to install driver, choose “Yes, one time only” and follow the steps to complete driver installation. You should already have the driver as it is included in the zip, but it doesn’t hurt to verify.
- Now, open up the firmware folder and double click on “SansaExpressUpdater.exe”.
- A message will appear informing you that updating this firmware will erase everything on your device.
- Once the update is completed, click on “Finish” and wait for 2 seconds before unpluging your Sansa Express from the computer. This ensures it is updated completely.
- Now, you’ve completed updating your device.
::: 01.01.12 Release Notes :::
• After performing a device format, the Music, and Playlist folders are missing
• Button response is slow and sound output is low during low bitrate WMA playback
• Playback of WAV files are not supported
• Low battery condition does not allow charging when using AC adapters
• Device does not play normally when selecting “Play All” under Artist
Enhancements: • Shuffle feature now improved and more random
• 2-hour limitation on recording has been removed; it will record until the memory is full
Message Edited by sansamonsta on 11-24-2008 03:42 PM