Firmware Ideas

Ok, theres one bug that i noticed when i first bought the Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB, It has no games what so ever. I know it wil be highly unlikly that they will add it but I wanted to point it out tha almost every MP4 on market has at least one game. ex. Ipod’s have 3 games, Zune has 5 games, Iphone has alot of games. So what are we just some low class MP4’s? Well do what you want because i was probaly goin to by the Ipod chromanic anyways because theres like somthing missing on the fuze ex. games, Better Photo quality so iif you put it in it dosn’t make the pics all crazy, Vido sound better, longer battery life. But theres one good side to the sansa fuze, the fact that you can download music like .mp3’s and .wma’s it makes it faster to put music not like the ipod’s. So if you can do what i said above then i will garuntee that i will not buy the chromaic. PS: ADD ROCKBOX!!! Now im getting all jelous of that!!!:angry:

Honestly, I bought the mp3/4 player to play music and listen to audio books and see some vids. I am HAPPY they are not wasting my space with games… I personally think games are not necessary on a device with such a small screen - wanna play games - get a psp or whatever - this is a small fast audio player… and what it does it does well…

SANDISK people PLEASE don’t waste space with games etc… 

my 2 cents.

"Ok, theres one bug that i noticed when i first bought the Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB, It has no games what so ever. "

A lack of games on an mp3 player is not a bug. Imo it is a positive factor. I don’t want games on my mp3 player. I would have preferred if Sandisk left out video support as well. What’s next, will someone bash the Fuze because it doesn’t have a built in digital camera? Will others want a built in GPS receiver? Will others complain about a missing calculator? Will others talk about a missing pedometer? Will some even think that an mp3 player should have a built in hygrometer and thermometer? How about a built in altimeter?

If you would like to have all those things, plus a heart rate monitor and GPS, look at Suunto watches.  Oh my!  Very James Bond…designed by Q branch.

I’ll leave the music duties to my Sansa.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I completely agree. I bought the fuze because of mp3 support and because they left all the stupid stuff that robs speed off. I have a calander in my cell phone and games there too I dont need them in my mp3

@coolcrazykid wrote:
Ok, theres one bug that i noticed when i first bought the Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB, It has no games what so ever. I know it wil be highly unlikly that they will add it but I wanted to point it out tha almost every MP4 on market has at least one game. ex. Ipod’s have 3 games, Zune has 5 games, Iphone has alot of games. So what are we just some low class MP4’s? Well do what you want because i was probaly goin to by the Ipod chromanic anyways because theres like somthing missing on the fuze ex. games, Better Photo quality so iif you put it in it dosn’t make the pics all crazy, Vido sound better, longer battery life. But theres one good side to the sansa fuze, the fact that you can download music like .mp3’s and .wma’s it makes it faster to put music not like the ipod’s. So if you can do what i said above then i will garuntee that i will not buy the chromaic. PS: ADD ROCKBOX!!! Now im getting all jelous of that!!!:angry:

You’re right.  There are a number of players that have games.  Buy one of those.

Message Edited by MyDD on 12-17-2008 01:55 PM

No games please. I’d prefer the development team to concentrate on fixing the file limit and enhancing the already excellent music features.

I am with those who suggest buying a game player if you want games and a video player if you want videos.  The screen is to small anyway.

What I would like to see in the system features: when you turn it off by putting it in pause for the Fuze to come up and begin playing music immediately without having to navigate any buttons other than power on.

Its a nice player so far.

@ongre08 wrote:

I am with those who suggest buying a game player if you want games and a video player if you want videos.  The screen is to small anyway.

What I would like to see in the system features: when you turn it off by putting it in pause for the Fuze to come up and begin playing music immediately without having to navigate any buttons other than power on.

Its a nice player so far.

I agree Sandisk shouldn’t bother with creating games for their firmwares (Rockbox can do that if people are bothered).

I’m not sure about your second suggestion. If I turned the player off while paused, I’d want it to stay paused when it came back on. Why don’t you switch it off while still playing if you want it to resume when switched back on?

I agree I don’t want any games.  I think this is a great little player… and I’m happy with the video.  Although adding video to it can be a pain I enjoy being able to watch little clips while I’m on the bus or waiting for an appointment or something.  Given it’s probably not the best to watch a full movie or something(I tried that lastnight… my eyes were going cross-eyed 3/4th’s into the movie) but it’s a nice little video player.

Personally, I don’t want to have games on my Fuze / MP3 Player.

But: We have lots of different applications (phone, games, mp3, video, internet etc.) that all run basically on the same platform: some variation of a computer. Therefore it makes sense to integrate all these applications on the same physical device. Aren’t we getting tired to carry multiple different devices (each requiring its own charger, sync cord, storage chip …) with us?

We?  Who’s we? 

If you want an all in one device perhaps you should have invested in an Iphone.  Personally, I believe Sandisk made the right choice not to include games.  It’s for audio with video and photo as bonuses.  :stuck_out_tongue:

@jessthelittle wrote:

We?  Who’s we? 

If you want an all in one device perhaps you should have invested in an Iphone.  Personally, I believe Sandisk made the right choice not to include games.  It’s for audio with video and photo as bonuses.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Well said! :wink:

There are many cell phones now that are all-in-one devices. Mp3 player, Video player, Games, GPS locator & direction finder, Internet/e-mail, Blue-tooth wireless, text-messaging, yada, yada, yada. Oh yes, and if you can remember which button does it, you can even answer a phone call. :smileyvery-happy:

Note that the big marketing push for SanDisk’s latest & greatest 16GB SDHC Micro-card is not aimed at us, the Sansa owners, but instead is targeted at the cell-phone market! That sorta tells you where SanDisk thinks things are heading, doesn’t it?

“Note that the big marketing push for SanDisk’s latest & greatest 16GB SDHC Micro-card is not aimed at us, the Sansa owners, but instead is targeted at the cell-phone market! That sorta tells you where SanDisk thinks things are heading, doesn’t it?”

Not really. After the song limit on the Fuze is expanded to 8,000 then the 16 gig micro SDHC cards will likely be marketed to Fuze buyers. I wonder if we will also see a 16 gig Fuze be released soon after the 8,000 song limit is in place. How easy would a Fuze with 32 gigs of storage be to navigate? Perhaps by then further improvements to navigation may be in place, perhaps even navigation by folders?

i love my sansa to death ive had every make and model made 

i always highly more like pushily recomend it to any one i see in stores buying for their kids or any of my friends interested in a new player

Now now i have the fuze and the firmware upgrades are great keep em coming!!!

i dont know if sansa takes suggestions for future upgrades or not but i have a few:

> more wallpaper colors

> fix jumpy speed scrolling

> when you press the center button  at now playing and the audio peaks come up could they stay there till u press it again like the album art does

> wrap-around scrolling on every page?

> different fonts?

> wake up alarm clock ( everyone i know has a who has media player listen to it in bed)

> lyrics support

> press-hold option  as         delete music by artist and albums

> aac file support

> having to convert all your videos takes a lot of time and sometimes ends up skippy is there a way to go with out SMC?   that would be phenomenal!!!

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE POST YOUR SUPPORT MAYBE THEYLL LISTEN!!!

Yep, I agree with most of those.

@tapeworm wrote:

Note that the big marketing push for SanDisk’s latest & greatest 16GB SDHC Micro-card is not aimed at us, the Sansa owners, but instead is targeted at the cell-phone market! That sorta tells you where SanDisk thinks things are heading, doesn’t it?

I had a cell phone that uses a microSD for two years before I had an audio player that uses one.  I would think there are more phones than audio players that use them, so I’m not surprised at their marketing them to cell phone users.

I personally am awaiting delivery of a 16GB microSDHC card.  $53 on Amazon, and I’m hoping it’s not a fake.  I’ll either have a 20GB Fuze or a 17GB Express.:smileyvery-happy:

@jkj1962 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

I had a cell phone that uses a microSD for two years before I had an audio player that uses one.  I would think there are more phones than audio players that use them, so I’m not surprised at their marketing them to cell phone users.

I personally am awaiting delivery of a 16GB microSDHC card.  $53 on Amazon, and I’m hoping it’s not a fake.  I’ll either have a 20GB Fuze or a 17GB Express.:smileyvery-happy:

Couldn’t it also be a 16GB SlotMusic player?:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Couldn’t it also be a 16GB SlotMusic player?:wink:

Why, yes.  Yes it could.:wink: