Finding my Sansa on another computer

I received a Sansa as a birthday present.  The person who gave it to me put some songs on it using their computer.  Now when I hook up the Sansa to my computer it doesn’t find it.  How can I get it to find it.  I want to put more songs on it.

See this FAQ. Note that you won’t be able to see the files put on by your friend unless the player is in the same USB mode as it was when he/she added the music.

I can see the songs he put on just fine.  I can’t seem to add my songs from a CD because my computer won’t recogonize that I even have a Sansa.  I plug it into my computer and nothing comes up.

OK. I can get my computer to recognize the Sansa.  I copied my songs onto the Sansa.  I go to play them on my Sansa and it says "“Syncronize to continue your music subscription”  What doest that mean.  It won’t play my new songs.

@volney wrote:

OK. I can get my computer to recognize the Sansa.  I copied my songs onto the Sansa.  I go to play them on my Sansa and it says "“Syncronize to continue your music subscription”  What doest that mean.  It won’t play my new songs.

Are these songs you just ripped from CD’s? And did you use Windows Media Player? If you did, and ripped them in .wma format, I’ll bet WMP’s "Copy Protect’ option is ticked in the settings. This imparts DRM crippling so you get the ‘subscription’ message and subsequent trouble.

Delete them from your player. Re-rip the CD’s with the copy protection turned off if you want to use the .wma format. Otherwise, chnage WMP to rip in .mp3 format. There’ll be no DRM issues with that. :wink: