files .ogg non updated in database

I just received a new Clip+ and updated the firware to the last version available for a mac user.

Radio works, mp3 files also but after I dragg any .ogg file into the Music file the message “updating the database” remains with a bar graph freezed at one third. So I can’t do anything but quit and plug the Clip back into the computer and remove the .ogg file. 

Most of my music files are .ogg and the Clip+ is suppose to be ogg friendly once the firmware is updated(I did it twice and the version announced is the right one).

Any solution?

All those files are perfectly read on a USB Samsung but I needed more space.

Could it be that 1 file is causing the Clip+ to hang?  Are the tags in immaculate order? 

You could try transfering the files 1 at a time to see where the hang occurs.  Potentially laborious, I know …  (Or, actually, use the halving method:  transfer half; if it hangs, transfer half of that half, and then continue on until you find the problematic file.) 

Actually, I tried with 4 different files one at a time and it did not work with any. I can try others of course.

They have been created by  Ogg Drop X on a mac and a few by Emodion (Samsung software on a pc).

How do you check the tags? As I wrote, all files are played perfectly on a Samsung USB device.

I’m not an Ogg guy, and so I’ll let others consider the Ogg tagging issue.

By any chance, though, are you transferring from a Mac?  When a Mac transfers files, it adds in extra info. files that cause the Clips to hang.  There are methods around that, though–just let us know.

edit:  I just reread your first post and assume that you are transferring from a Mac.  Are you doing anything when transferring your files (as needs to be done) to avoid the Mac from adding in its problematic info. files? 

By any chance, though, are you transferring from a Mac?  When a Mac transfers files, it adds in extra info. files that cause the Clips to hang.  There are methods around that, though–just let us know.

edit:  I just reread your first post and assume that you are transferring from a Mac.  Are you doing anything when transferring your files (as needs to be done) to avoid the Mac from adding in its problematic info. files? 

second edit:  But I don’t know if the Mac info. file issue would be the case and culprit here, if the Clip+ works fine when you transfer MP3 files but not if you transfer Ogg files …

Yes, I’m using a mac and yes also the mp3 files are updated in the database and playing fine.

OK I did my homeworks and found out the KopyMac software. Works well. Problem solved.

Cool! 

KopyMac seems to be an easy solution to Mac file transfer ills (although I don’t know why your MP3 files would transfer fine, when the Ogg files wouldn’t).  Apparently, you also can do something with the Mac Terminal to fix the file transfer issue–you can do a search here for the fairly recent posts as to this.  (Sorry, I’m not a Mac user.)