File Info Problem

Hi

I’m new here, just registered.

I’ve been using the Fuze for almost a year.

I am glad I’ve found this community, because I have dome problems I have’nt been able to solve.

For some reason when I put mp3 files on the fuze, it randomly chooses to ignore some of the files’ artist name or album, which causes quite a mess in the order they are viewed on the fuze and I can’t play them in the order I want to unless I put them in the GoList.

I’ve tried editing the files’ info to make each album similair but it just won’t fix it.

how can I fix it?

You probably need to set the id3tags up properly. Download mp3tag and use it to make sure all the information is set right then replace the files on the fuze.

I’ve already tried that. that’s what I meant when I wrote that I’ve tried editing the album name and artist name in my original post.

I use the id3tag editing option in winamp. I also tried editing the info with WMP but it won’t change either way in the Fuze…

Ahh… I mis-understood what you meant… that is very Strange… I would ask what type of tag you are using? Is it v2.3 ?

@matan wrote:

I’ve already tried that. that’s what I meant when I wrote that I’ve tried editing the album name and artist name in my original post.

I use the id3tag editing option in winamp. I also tried editing the info with WMP but it won’t change either way in the Fuze…

No you haven’t. CB said to download and use MP3Tag to edit your tags. You are using the tagging function in Winamp. Nothing against Winamp; I use it myself, but it just can’t complete with a dedicated tagging program like MP3Tag in assuring all tags are the proper format and identical.

There are other variables which affect how artists & their songs are listed on the Fuze too. Like different audio codecs (MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC).