File info being scrambled on Clip+

With many albums I put on my Clip+ parts of them are represented on the clip with completely scrambled file info. Often this will affect only half of an album (while the other half has no problem, name, album etc all shows up).

The scrambled files will simply be called something along the likes of:

| _    or

ø

They will have no file info attached with them.

Does the clip+ use the file name or the id3v tag when you use drag/drop method?

Any help is appreciated. 

Ikinone wrote:

 

Does the clip+ use the file name or the id3v tag when you use drag/drop method?

 

ID3 tags regardless of the transfer method. If you prefer to navigate by Folder/File Name you can scroll down (or 1 up from Play All) in the Music menu till you come to Folders. This little feature was added in the Clip+ model.

Nice; however that means that there is some issue with the clip reading certain id3 tags. However, for my example, a whole album will be using exactly the same tag versions, but half of them will be scrambled and the other half not. I cannot see any decent reason for this to be occurring.

This happened to me also. I had to rerip one album. The rest I fixed by loading the files in MP3tag and saving again. I don’t know why, but obviously there was something wrong with the tags.

Ikinone wrote:
Nice; however that means that there is some issue with the clip reading certain id3 tags. However, for my example, a whole album will be using exactly the same tag versions, but half of them will be scrambled and the other half not. I cannot see any decent reason for this to be occurring.

Yes, there is. Use a dedicated tag editor like MP3Tag (free) and set it to write the tag format ID3v2.3-ISO-8859-1. Once that option is set, all you have to do is load all your audio files into it, highlight them and hit the Save button. Now they’ll all be the same (and most trouble-free) format and should display correctly on your player.

Some people prefer to do this with the files on their computer, then transfer the revised files back to the player (deleting the previous ones first). Others have had decent success with editing the files directly on the player.

Thanks for that Tapeworm. Nice easy instructions to follow  :smiley:. I was assuming it would not have been this problem before, as all the tags were in the same format (ID3v2.4) and since half of them worked fine, I could not see why the other half would not!

[For reference, I edited the files directly on the player.]