Feature Opinion Poll.

We are currently trying to get feedback from our community at large.

Currently, there is a feature called “Wrap-around”. This feature allows users to scroll through a list (of artist for exampe) from A to Z, instantly. Then it allows you to backtrack from Z to Y to X etc…

This is as opposed to NOT having this feature, which would mean that a user would have to manually scroll from A to B to C all the way to desired selection.

A feature like this would come in handy when a user has 100+ selections in any given list. Currently, based on marketing polls and surveys, the opinion sways in the vote of not having this feature. Popular competing manufacturers just happen to not have this feature.

In the best interest of people who actually use the player on a daily basis and post on our forum, we would like to see what the opinion of the Sansa Community is. Your direct feedback may help us in future devolpment of firmware.

Thanks for your time and Best Regards, Sansa Forum Team

P.S
Help us help you, post once and ONLY once if your going to reply to this thread. It will make it easy for us to count the people who are voting for this. Hopefully we will get enough backing to make a difference. IF you want to have conversations about this, please do so in the thread pertaining to your specific device.

Message Edited by MrSmileyFace on 03-14-2008 02:08 PM

I vote for the wraparound feature.

I like wrap around

That feature would be quite handy.

My vote goes to yes; use it.

I vote for wrap around

Yes, please add wrap-around.

My vote is yes.

What is sacred about the ‘Z’ to/from ‘A’ boundary?

Wraparound? Definately yes.

I vote for yes on that feature.

having to go through a menu a million times if you accidently pass the thing your looking for is increadably annoying.  I vote yes for the wraparound feature

Yes please.  Then you would have ANOTHER feature the others do not.

I do not want extra features like this - I want a firmware that lets me play all my songs in shuffle without locking up! Fix that and then (and only then) add new features like the one you propose.

Currently, there is a feature called “Wrap-around”.

Keep it.

I vote yes to this feature. I love wrap-around.

Yes to Wrap-around…  definitely.

Definitely yes… but i think it would also be a good idea to not have wrap around in the main menu… annoying to scroll over and over

The wrap is a go, baby.  Nice indeed.

Bob  :wink:

I vote yes for the wrap a round, would be a help for sure…

MrSmileyFace wrote:

Currently, there is a feature called “Wrap-around”. This feature allows users to scroll through a list (of artist for exampe) from A to Z, instantly. Then it allows you to backtrack from Z to Y to X etc…

This is as opposed to NOT having this feature, which would mean that a user would have to manually scroll from A to B to C all the way to desired selection.

Message Edited by MrSmileyFace on 03-14-2008 02:08 PM

I do not understand, on a couple of levels.

1. What device are you asking about? I have a View (16Gb) and I don’t think this feature is on the View.

2. How do you use this feature? Do you mean that to get from “A” to the letter “M” you have to scroll straight to “Z” and back up? I would not like that as a feature.

Do you mean that you hit a button when want to use “Wrap-around” to get to “Z” but you could scroll from “A” straight to “M” if you want to? I could live with that feature but I probably wouldn’t use it.

To me “Wrap-around” should mean that the alphabet is a continuous loop. You can scroll from “A” through all the letters to “Z” and if you keep going you will continue on to “A” again. This would also work in reverse. If you scroll back from “A” you will go to “Z” and on through the alphabet in reverse. This would be a GREAT feature. It is not on my View but I would like it to be.

However, I agree with the previous poster that there are other priorities. I would like true Gapless Playback and useable Fast Reverse and Fast Forward before looking to add new features.

I apologize for the long post but it’s not possible to answer with a yes or no when you don’t understand the question.

Thank you,  Obdoakes