FAT file corrupted

Right-click on My Computer and select properties.  Then go to Device Manager and see if there are any yellow triangles there.  If there are, you’ll have to reinstall the driver.

Or you could try to force it into MSC mode.  Push the power switch down to hold, then press << button while plugging it into the computer.  Then try to run a check disk on it.

Hello, at firt, sry for my horrible english…it’s just a old version from school :wink:

My problem: Error “Fat is corrupted. Please connect devise…”

I tried to reset the player several time by holding the power button, but that won’t help.

My computer tells me that the player is a unknown device and I should install a driver for it… well, I would do this if I find one (maybe I’m just blind). The player also doesn’t appear at “My Computer” so I couldn’t format.

Maybe someone could help me?^^

i finnaly sent it to sandiks…

Hi, my sister has this problem as well. Just a while ago she had put some music from limewire on it and I guess there was a corrupt file that has cause the FAT is corrupt message you all are talking about to show up. She was given the opportunity to format the device and lose all her data but being stuburn took the plug out and turned it off hopeing it will work. That didn’t work but now everytime we plug it in the computer does not recognize it and we no longer have the option to frmat it. I have tried the suggestions listed on here but all I have managed to get was drive not recognized. I’m tried turning on the hold button and hitting << while plugging it in but still get the same thing. Now when everyone says press << that means the back button like if your going back to a song or something? Can some one please help my sis is really upset, I may just end up giving her mine.

Try the center button as detailed here.

Could anyone help me please? My 8GB sansa fuze said that it had no space left, even though I had deleted all my files from it. Assuming there had been a problem with the firmware, I erased everything on the fuze, from my mac computer. Now whenever I turn it on, it says 'FAT is corrupted. Please connect device to PC and recover FAT. I’m not really sure what to do.

Thanks 

yeah i tried what u said but i couldn’t find fix and i don’t know why :robotmad:

Bob i tried what u said but i couldn’t get it to work the one where you said to put it on hold push the button to the left and that didn’t work

ShadowRose wrote:
Hi, my sister has this problem as well. Just a while ago she had put some music from limewire on it and I guess there was a corrupt file that has cause the FAT is corrupt message you all are talking about to show up.

You get what you pay for. Limewire is not a reliable source for music. You never know what kind of ■■■■ you’re going to download, besides it being illegal.

One little bug in a song you could have paid less than a dollar for (but didn’t) can screw up your entire day (to say nothing of your player).

I think there’s a lesson to be learned here, boys and girls. :neutral_face:

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:49 PM

TomJensen wrote:
Um, only pirate from reliable sources??   :stuck_out_tongue:

Ay, Matey! :smileyvery-happy:

I have the same exact problem as all the post.  How can I format it when my pc won’t recognize it.  I can go to a drive letter tht’s just isn’t there.  All it says in Device Manager is “Unknow Device” and I installed and reinstalled the driver for my fuze.  The message is still on my fuze’s screen.  “FAT corrupted.  Please connect device to PC and Recover FAT”. 

Hi, I tried everything you suggested, but it tells me I can’t:

The type of the file system is RAW.

CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.

Everywhere I read, it tells me I should contact SanDisk for “restore” software, and NOT to format the drive.

Please tell me why you say that formatting is OK. Is the “restore” a better way?

Thank you for your time.

Pook

I can’t even get my Windows 7 machine to reformat my Sansa Fuze 8 GB, which simply shows up as drive E:  It says windows unable to complete the format?

I’ve tried all the tricks noted here?  Any other suggestions?

My computer is telling me that access it denied when I do this. Now what?

Hey guys, :slight_smile:

how did solve the problem? I have the same one. I tried everything what you write before and Fuze is still not working :frowning:

Please help me and my fuze :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

mazelinmusic