FAT corrupted

I’ve searched the forum for answers but nothing has helped…

When I turn on Snasa Fuze on it says: FAT corrupted please connect to PC and recover FAT.

I have a MAC, which I know nothing about… All the answers seem to be for regular PCs

When the drive pops up on the Mac, saying its connected the Fuze to the Mac the drive is empty, everything on my Fuze has been erased.

Is it pretty much a lost cause?

are you using MAC OS 10.6? if so this will probably help

Formatting on MAC OS 10.6

to be honest i dont really know… its my roommates computer, all i know is it is a MAC

No that didnt work, tried that and i dont have that DOS option

@gunner wrote:

I’ve searched the forum for answers but nothing has helped…

When I turn on Snasa Fuze on it says: FAT corrupted please connect to PC and recover FAT.

I have a MAC, which I know nothing about… All the answers seem to be for regular PCs

When the drive pops up on the Mac, saying its connected the Fuze to the Mac the drive is empty, everything on my Fuze has been erased.

Is it pretty much a lost cause?

Try to format it in you MAC the normal way.

First, turn off the Sansa completely by holding the power switch up. Once it is completely off, Slide the power switch down and hold the left button (9 o’clock) while connecting it to your MAC. Once it got recognized, just format it under Disk Utilities.

sample pic

Let us know if it didn’t work

Formatting it to the Mac’s filesystem is not a good idea. PC and Mac formatting are different unless you have that MS-DOS option.

Surely you must know someone with a PC. Format it from that: Open My Computer or Computer (XP/Vista-Win7).

With the Fuze off, slide the power button down into Hold–you’ll see a little orange dot under it. Hold down the << side of the wheel and connect the Fuze. This makes sure the Fuze is in MSC mode, the simplest connection.

(It may pop up an Autoplay  window about managing the unit with Windows Media Player or Winamp, or What do you want to do with these files?–just close any window that pops up.) 

In Computer, right-click on the drive that says Sansa Fuze or Fuze, chose Format… and then FAT32.

Then download the firmware from the Firmware Update Thread. Don’t get the updater, get the All Regions link. If you don’t know which version Fuze you have, download them both and try each one.

If the Fuze is less than a year old, try Version 2 first.

You’ll download a .zip file. Unzip (Extract) it, get fuzeA.bin and drag it onto the drive letter of the Fuze internal memory. When you disconnect, the Fuze will reinstall the firmware.

If the first fuzeA.bin  doesn’t work, try the other version.